Senior Group Underwriter
- Employer: iA Financial Group
- Office: 522, University Avenue
- City: Toronto
- Province: Ontario
- Job category: Health and Medical Services
- Job ID: JR10004602
- Job type: Permanent Job Full time
iA Financial Group is the fourth largest life and health insurance company in Canada and offers a wide range of products for all stages of life and to meet the needs of clients across its vast sales network. Founded in 1892, iA Financial Group’s stability and solidity make it an employer of choice that invests in its employees and their development over the long term.
With operations across Canada and in the United States, iA Financial Group and its over 5,000 employees work hard every day to offer the best service to over four million clients.
Reporting to the Manager, Group Underwriting, and subject to the level of authority established by the Director, the incumbent, as a Senior Group Underwriter:
The expected result of the incumbent’s main responsibilities is to evaluate as accurately as possible any group risks that have been assigned to them, while providing excellent service to the sales representatives and meeting the corporate objectives and deadlines:
- Oversees the preparation of group insurance quotes, pricing of renewals and requests for modifications,
- Makes sure that the financial agreements are in line with the objectives of the business and that the quote texts reflect our administration and service capabilities, and
- May have to participate in renewal presentations with clients (existing or future) or their advisors..
- Bachelor Degree in mathematics, business administration, actuarial or finance or equivalent and 5+ years of related experience
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Personal qualities inherent in the position, including independence, communication skills, organization and good analytical and synthesising skills.
If you have good analytical and creative thinking skills and an interest in leadership, this opportunity is for you! Apply today and pursue a rewarding career at iA Financial Group
iA Financial Group is committed to having an equal access employment program and welcomes applications from women, visible minorities, Aboriginal peoples and disabled persons. Any use of the masculine form is to simplify the text and includes the feminine form.
Also, we are committed to fostering a workplace that promotes diversity and inclusion. We can provide accommodation in our recruitment and selection processes to applicants with disabilities where required. Please contact your Recruiter, or send an email to email@example.com.