Student, Group Savings and Retirement
- Employer: iA Financial Group
- Office: 522, University Avenue
- City: Toronto
- Province: Ontario
- Job category: Internships and Student Employment
- Job ID: JR10004529
- Job type: Student Job Part time
iA Financial Group is the fourth largest life and health insurance company in Canada and offers a wide range of products for all stages of life and to meet the needs of clients across its vast sales network. Founded in 1892, iA Financial Group’s stability and solidity make it an employer of choice that invests in its employees and their development over the long term.
With operations across Canada and in the United States, iA Financial Group and its over 5,000 employees work hard every day to offer the best service to over four million clients.
Reporting to the Manager, the administrator has to analyze and process various transaction requests from our clients (members, plan sponsors, advisors, consultants) and internal partners. These requests are quite varied, and they are associated with all the events that occur during the existence of a group savings account (e.g. RRSPs, DPSPs, TFSAs, non-registered plans, RRIFs, LIFs, Annuities, RPPs and SPPs).
The administrator is responsible for varied transactions for the administration of the plan including setting up the account to its final termination. The administration of the account must be kept compliant with plan provisions, eligibility and applicable federal and provincial legislation.
This is a challenging and constantly changing work environment. This position is characterized by occasional periods of work requiring overtime.
Under regular supervision, tasks and responsibilities include:
- Processing transactions received from clients and using systems and tools in place.
- Verbal and written communications with clients and internal partners
- Maintaining a high level of productivity and accuracy
- Receiving incoming calls from members regarding settlements and GSR products (Customer service Administrator only)
- Respecting financial deadlines as well as compliance with policies, rules and legislations
- Verifying non-financial transactions of colleagues
- Providing a high level of customer service (requests received and required follow ups).
- Analysing simple requests and escalating theses to the specialist if needed
- Preparing various reports and taxation slips for clients and authorities
- Processing journal entries
- Participating in DMS (Daily Management System)
- Identifying problems, mudas and proposing viable solutions to improvement ideas through the different LEAN tools
- Contributing toward building and maintaining a positive environment where all team members can learn, share knowledge and collaborate.
- Must be enrolled in a university or college program
- Able to work 2 full days (7.5 hours each) a week
- Less than 1 year experience
- Advanced English skills (both verbal and written)
- Knowledge of the different group savings and retirement products and legislation (asset)
- Ability to learn quickly
- Capability to work under pressure
- Positive attitude and team spirit
iA Financial Group is committed to having an equal access employment program and welcomes applications from women, visible minorities, Aboriginal peoples and disabled persons. Any use of the masculine form is to simplify the text and includes the feminine form.
Also, we are committed to fostering a workplace that promotes diversity and inclusion. We can provide accommodation in our recruitment and selection processes to applicants with disabilities where required. Please contact your Recruiter, or send an email to email@example.com.