Equity Research Associate – Power, Utilities & Infrastructure
- Employer: IA Securities Inc.
- Office: 2200, McGill College Avenue
- City: Montreal
- Province: Quebec
- Job category: Not Evaluated (Job Family)
- Job ID: JR10002571
- Job type: Permanent Job Full time
iA Financial Group is the fourth largest life and health insurance company in Canada and offers a wide range of products for all stages of life and to meet the needs of clients across its vast sales network. Founded in 1892, iA Financial Group’s stability and solidity make it an employer of choice that invests in its employees and their development over the long term.
With operations across Canada and in the United States, iA Financial Group and its over 5,000 employees work hard every day to offer the best service to over four million clients.
The equity research associate will assist the analysts/associates in the equity research department in conducting fundamental research on public and private companies in support of producing investment reports, recommendations and financial forecasts. The associate will collect and organize financial, economic and other industry specific data from various sources in order to build and maintain financial models, charts, tables and other outputs necessary for the production of research reports, presentations, and other documents. The associate is will also carry out qualitative research on competitive industry forces, competitive advantages and management teams.
All employees are expected to contribute to general business development at iA Securities, which may require the associate to occasionally undertake tasks outside the scope of the research department.
Summary of key responsibilities
* Work closely with the sector analyst/other associates on the production of research reports.
* Conduct primary research from industry and financial sources.
* Create and maintain company financial models and industry databases.
* Generate tables and graphs.
* Compile and evaluate company and industry data.
* Graduate or undergraduate degree in a related field (e.g., Finance, Economics, Accounting).
* Completion of CFA Level 1 (required).
* Previous capital markets or financial analysis experience in equity research, investment banking, or a similar role.
* Passion for finance, fundamental equity analysis, and capital markets.
* Strong work ethic.
* High attention to detail.
* Proficiency in Microsoft Office; advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
* Strong English writing and communication skills. Fluency in French is an asset.
* Ability to work under pressure.
* Ability to meet strict deadlines.
* Ability to multi-task and prioritize workload.
* Knowledge of Bloomberg, Eikon, Capital IQ (including Excel integration) is an asset.
* Direct knowledge of the Power/Utility/Pipeline/Energy Infrastructure sectors is an asset.
iA Financial Group is committed to having an equal access employment program and welcomes applications from women, visible minorities, Aboriginal peoples and disabled persons. Any use of the masculine form is to simplify the text and includes the feminine form.
Also, we are committed to fostering a workplace that promotes diversity and inclusion. We can provide accommodation in our recruitment and selection processes to applicants with disabilities where required. Please contact your Recruiter, or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.