Agile Coach, Vancouver
- Employer: iA Financial Group
- City: Vancouver
- Job category: Information Technology, Leadership and Management
- Job ID: J0718-0039
- Job type: Regular full time
Company OverviewiA Financial Group is the fourth largest life and health insurance company in Canada and offers a wide range of products for all stages of life and to meet the needs of clients across its vast sales network. Founded in 1892, iA Financial Group’s stability and solidity make it an employer of choice that invests in its employees and their development over the long term.
With operations across Canada and in the United States, iA Financial Group and its over 5,000 employees work hard every day to offer the best service to over four million clients.
PURPOSE AND ACCOUNTABILITY
Reporting to a Manager based in our Quebec Head Office – the incumbent is responsible for providing advice and support to teams in enhancing their Agile methods and practices. The incumbent will work closely with the line of business, the managers and technical staff in our software development teams and will also be accountable to senior stakeholders and executives.
What will I be doing?
You’ll be providing support to project managers and scrum masters, supporting them in practicing their Agile abilities and ensuring that the scrum guide is being correctly applied. You’ll be coaching them on leadership, communication, introspection and continuous improvement. Working closely with the project manager and scrum master, you’ll track the project’s progress, KPIs, create documentation and participate in all steps of Agile delivery. You’ll participate in daily stand-ups and encourage the team to be transparent in surfacing issues, help with new Kanban board, enhance the focus of the team to arrive at appropriate solutions and encourage a cohesive team environment. You’ll be helping to realign the team’s focus on products and delivering value, rather than just on the project itself.
What will I need to be successful?
We’re looking for someone who is passionate about coaching teams in Agile. You’ll need to be an exceptional communicator to be able to foster introspection and guide teams towards value delivery. Some stakeholders will be at executive level, so you’ll need to be able to communicate with and influence all levels of staff, from developers to vice presidents. We’re looking for someone who has expertise with Scrum, Kanban, Scrumban and, ideally, who is familiar with the concept and framework of Scaled Agile. We’re seeking someone with several years of experience in change management, coaching and Agile delivery.
• bachelor's degree in computer science or other relevant field
• good understanding of IT professions and the respective project load
• Professional Scrum Master (PSM) 2 certification or equivalent, would be an asset
• Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) certification, would be an asset
• 5+ years in Agile delivery, including at least 2 as a coach
• financial services industry experience, would be an asset
• excellent communication skills, including being a good listener
• bilingual (English/French) would be a significant asset
• being an influencer, capable of adapting to each individual
iA Financial Group is committed to having an equal access employment program and welcomes applications from women, visible minorities, Aboriginal peoples and disabled persons. Any use of the masculine form is to simplify the text and includes the feminine form.