Group Insurance – Our Distinctive Services
We are committed to offering you and your plan members personalized services and specialized resources. We provide a variety of innovative online tools designed to make it simple and efficient to manage your plan. We also offer to your plan members a user-friendly online tool for easy access to group insurance files.
Plan Member Services
Online services making life easy.
With My Client Space, plan members can:
- Submit an e-claim at any time
- View their summary of plan benefits and booklet online
- Check the status of recent claims
- Obtain a report of all submitted and paid claims for income tax purposes
- Access WebRx an online tool that allows them to verify their drug plan coverage, to locate pharmacies and compare their drug prices*, to estimate their reimbursement amount and to get personalized tips on how to save on drug costs
- Find out when they will be eligible for the reimbursement of their next dental exam or vision care expenses
- Enrol for direct deposit and notification service
- Access personalized forms
- View and print their group benefit card
* All WebRx users outside the province of Quebec are able to see the price of the drug they are searching for at each pharmacy found. In Quebec, WebRx does not provide prices per pharmacies. Instead, it provides an average provincial price for each drug found.
Note: To access WebRx, you must have drug coverage with Industrial Alliance and have a pay direct or deferred drug card.
A group insurance plan in the palm of your hand.
iA Mobile is a mobile app that allow plan members to:
- Submit e-claims safely
- Follow claims processing
- Check drug benefits, estimate reimbursement amounts and get personalized savings tips with WebRx
- Use your mobile device as a group benefit card
- Enrol for direct deposit
For hassle-free reimbursements.
The group benefit card is a service to submit a claim that eliminates the hassle of completing and mailing forms and the problem of forgetting and losing invoices. Upon presentation of your card, healthcare professionals who accept it can submit your claim directly at time of payment.
Two ways to be reimbursed for medication
With Deferred Payment, the plan member pays the total cost of the prescription to the pharmacist and later receives the reimbursement according to the plan coverage. With Direct Payment, the plan member pays the pharmacist only the deductible and the portion of the amount not covered by the plan. To receive reimbursements via direct deposit, plan members can sign up in My Client Space.
Immediate claims submission.
Many healthcare professionals can submit plan member’s claims directly from their office. Simply present the group benefit card and the work is done.
List of healthcare professionals
- Physiotherapists (everywhere in Canada)
- Chiropractors (everywhere in Canada)
- Eye Doctors (everywhere in Canada)
- Acupuncturists (BC, AB, QC)
- Massage Therapists (everywhere in Canada, except QC)
- Naturopaths (NS, ON, AB, MB, BC, SK)
- Podiatrists (QC)
- Psychologists (QC)
- Physical Rehabilitation Therapists (QC)
Representatives standing by to listen and help.
Our qualified and courteous representatives are available from Monday to Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 8 p.m., in order to:
- provide quick answers to plan members
- provide them with precise and accurate information
- help them navigate our tools and services
To provide the best treatment possible.
Upon diagnosis of a serious medical condition or critical illness, this service allows plan members to quickly obtain a second opinion from leading medical specialists at the McGill University Health Centre (MUHC). If the diagnosis is confirmed, these specialists will offer the best choice of treatment options.
- Speeds up the request process for a second opinion by another specialist
- Cuts down on travel to see another specialist
- Reduces the plan member’s stress and absences
- May offer more preferable treatment options than the initial specialist
Online tools that help you take care of you.
Investing in employee health and wellness at work can become a wise and profitable business decision. That’s why we have designed two tools to help you encourage your employees to make healthy lifestyle choices.
This online resource is designed to provide you and your plan members with many tools and strategies to improve health and wellness. Accessible through My Client Space, it offers a wealth of information on a variety of subjects, such as physical and mental health, stress in the workplace and even financial and legal information. Efficient and user-friendly, Webhe@lth encourages healthy lifestyle choices.
Health & Wellness Companion
This program helps plan members to adopt healthy lifestyle habits and prevent health problems by providing three useful tools:
- A personalized health profile
- A health file
- A database of health, illness and medication information
For medical assistance wherever you are.
Your plan members can travel worry-free thanks to this service that supports them whenever they are travelling outside of their province of residence. In an emergency situation, your plan members will have access to many benefits, including:
- A network of specialists that will direct them to an appropriate doctor or hospital
- Paid emergency transportation to the hospital
- Repatriation of the plan member to the member's home or a nearby hospital following initial treatment
- Payment of their medical expenses and a cash advance
- Repatriation of the member’s children or a member of the immediate family.
Travel assistance also provides a multilingual translation service as well as retrieval assistance for lost luggage or documents.
To convert your group insurance coverage to an individual insurance plan.
Termination of employment can occur anytime for different reasons: career change, relocation, return to school, retirement, etc. But your insurance needs will always be there.
To support you during your transition, iA offers you Transit, so you can replace your group insurance coverage within 60 days of termination with an individual insurance plan, without any medical examination.
Transit will provide coverage for you and your dependents, letting you starting a new chapter in life with peace of mind.
Find out more
Want more information about Transit insurance? Look at these documents:
A secure site to make your work easier.
Specially designed to facilitate day-to-day group plan management, My Client Space allows you to manage your plan online.
In My Client Space, you can:
- Enrol new plan members and their dependents
- Edit plan member files
- Perform many salary changes at once
- Access your invoices, booklets, contracts, reports, useful forms and guides
- View Infobulletins and communiqués
- Print and order plan member group benefit cards
Solutions to save on healthcare costs.
Measures to better manage drug costs
- Drug reimbursement by direct or deferred payment
- Involving plan members in sharing drug costs with the employer
- Generic Substitution Plan that bases the amount of drug reimbursement on the cost of the least expensive generic drug
- Tiered Plan that encourages plan members to use the most cost-effective drugs
- WebRx, the online tool that allows you to estimate your drug reimbursement under the plan and get personalized tips on how to save on drug expenses, such as if a generic equivalent of the drug is available
- Prior authorization for prescription drugs
- PharmAssist pharmacy benefit management program
- Proactive healthcare fraud detection and prevention
A human ressources management assistance program.
This comprehensive program provides employers with information and reference tools to help them deal with HR management issues relating to employee disability cases. Posaction® Plus is a free program offered with long-term disability coverage.
The program features four components
- Remote training
- Telephone coaching
- Professional assistance referral service
- Post-traumatic counselling
To provide you with the best service. Period.
When it comes to group benefits, we want you to think of us as the very best service provider. That’s why we’re committed to continuous improvement and regularly evaluate our customers’ satisfaction in all aspects of our service.
Our team is dedicated to providing you with quick, professional and personalized service. Furthermore, we make it a priority to offer you all the support you need to manage your plan from the very day it is implemented.
- Peace of mind
- A hassle-free transition when changing insurers
- A quick and flexible implementation process
Up-to-date information about group plans.
All the documents you need just a click away.
You’ll find all the forms, documents and return envelopes you need, either to download or to order, all in one location. Managing your plan has never been easier!
Effective measures to fight against claims fraud.
iA Financial Group employs industry best practices to prevent fraud and effectively process claims, thanks especially to our partnership with the Canadian Health Care Anti-Fraud Association (CHCAA). Our investigative services detect problematic cases, which helps to significantly reduce negative impacts on the cost of group plans.
Service that suits multinational needs.
As a partner of the Zurich Employee Benefit Network, we can offer large companies with local subsidiaries and/or divisions in various countries the benefits of multinational pooling. Life insurance and disability insurance are the coverage most often included in this pool for underwriting purposes.
- Cost savings on benefit plans while retaining the same benefits levels
- International dividends, in the event of a surplus generated by the pool
- Greater control over benefit plans, thanks to regular financial reports detailing overall plan costs