Group retirement savings
To optimize your long-term financial security
The benefits of being a group plan member
I haven’t yet enrolled in the plan
You must first enrol:
- Go to ia.ca/enrolnow
- Enter the plan ID number provided by your employer and your personal information.
- Follow the on-screen procedure—7 to 8 minutes is usually all it takes!
Note: If your employer offers you more than one group retirement savings plan, the above procedure is the same for each plan in which you wish to enrol.
I have already enrolled in the plan, but I don’t have an online account
You create your account in My Client Space:
- Go to ia.ca/myaccount, and click on Create an account, on ten on Client.
- Click on Register, enter your personal information (first and last names, date of birth and postal code), and click onContinue.
- If you have an activation key or the contract number of your plan, enter that information in te appropriate field; if not, click on I don't have this information.
- Indicate whether you would like to receive your activation key by email or mail, using the postal code you previously provided, and click on Continue.
- When you receive your activation key, go back to ia.ca/myaccount and follow the on-screen procedure; this time, enter the activation key in the appropriate field.
I was a member of our former plan, but my employer has changed providers for iA
In this case, there are two possibilities:
- If you must enrol in the new plan at iA (your employer will confirm this), follow the above instructions under I haven’t yet enrolled in the plan.
- If you do not have to enrol (your employer will confirm this), you must create your online account; then follow the above instructions under I have already enrolled in the plan, but I don’t have an online account.
I want to update or modify items in my file
Choosing my investment mode
This is a ready-made solution that is fully managed for you by investment specialists.
Depending on your investor profile (defined at enrolment), a pre-established portfolio is proposed. Simply indicate your investment style (cautious, moderate, aggressive, etc.) and the age at which you plan to retire.
Benefits and features
This is an à la carte solution entirely managed by you.
Based on the recommended asset allocation for your investor profile (defined at enrolment), you make your own selection among all the investment options available in your plan.
Benefits and features
Learn more about retirement savings
Financial planning tools to discover!
With its intuitive navigation, this area brings together information, tips and tools that use clear and simple language to help you gain new knowledge about the four pillars of personal finance:
In addition to the Financial Wellness Zone, you also have access to an assessment questionnaire that allows you to find out where you stand in relation to each of the four pillars. By answering it, you immediately get an action plan and resources customized to your situation. You can therefore progress at your own pace and according to your preferences.Discover
If you contribute to your group retirement savings plan, you've already taken the first step in retirement planning. However, if you have not made a long-term financial projection, how can you be sure that your current contributions will get you the retirement income you are aiming for?
Available in the central part of the My Client Space dashboard, the retirement simulator helps you check if you are on track to achieve your goal. It also enables you to:
Afterwards, you can always review the results of your most recent simulation in My Client Space or the iA Mobile app.Discover
Available in the left menu of the My Client Space dashboard, under Planning tools, the Investor Profile questionnaire has been designed with a specific purpose: to guide you towards an investment solution adapted to your situation.
Indeed, your investor profile defines the type of investment that suits you based on factors such as:
Are you a rather bold investor? You will tend to invest some of your savings in riskier investments in the hope of making better returns.
Approaching retirement? Less volatile and risky investments, such as bonds and guaranteed investments, may be a better option for you.
Depending on your answers, investment solutions adapted to your situation will be proposed. You will then be able to define your investment instructions in an informed way.
Remember: as your personal situation can evolve and change your savings and investment needs, it is important to review your profile periodically.Discover
Amid the wealth of information available online and elsewhere on retirement planning, the My Retirement website is a must. It’s a trusted source of information and tips to prepare and live your retirement with peace of mind. Visit it and learn more about:
You will also find a questionnaire to assess your retirement readiness.Discover