REDUCING OUR GHG EMISSIONS
We take concrete steps, based on robust and detailed data, in order to significantly reduce our greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions at the source.
Our climate action strategy
In 2021, iA Financial Group developed a concrete climate action strategy that incorporates the recommendations of the Taskforce on Climate-related Financial Disclosures (TCFD).
Specifically, our strategy is to:
Creation of a climate change task force
To support our approach, we have set up an expert task force whose goal is to assess the situation at iA Financial Group in order to develop an action plan to achieve and improve GHG reduction targets. Areas of expertise were selected according to the services, sectors or activities with the highest potential environmental impact in terms of GHG emissions. They are:
- Real estate investments
- Investment portfolios
- Information technology
- Material resources and procurement
Climate Change Position Statement
Throughout 2021, iA Financial Group worked on developing a strategy to actively support the fight against climate change.
We are proud to release our Climate Change Position Statement through which we commit to becoming a leader on climate change in North America.
As a long-term investor and insurance provider, our approach is guided by five key pillars:
- Reduce GHG emissions in our operations and our investment portfolio
- Strive to fully integrate climate-related considerations into our investment process
- Strengthen climate-related disclosure in alignment with the TCFD recommendations and facilitate related disclosure from all portfolio companies
- Build resilience to the physical impacts of climate change across our insurance business
- Contribute to advancing understanding of the impacts of climate change on the insurance industry