Collision and upset

Optional coverage that may be required if your vehicle is financed (by your financial institution) or leased (by your lessor).

Quote by phone


iA Auto and Home offers complete car insurance coverage for damages caused to your vehicle caused by certain types of collision, rollover or hit and run. You can choose whichever deductible suits your needs: $250, $500 or $1000. This coverage applies for the following:

  • Collision with another vehicle
  • Collision with the ground or an object
  • Collision with an animal or person
  • Rollover
  • Hit-and-run

Collision and upset coverage is not mandatory. However, it’s a must if you want to be covered for damage to your vehicle in an at-fault accident.

It covers repair and replacement costs based on the vehicle’s value on the day of the accident.

Some examples:

  • You just miss an animal crossing the road, skid onto the shoulder and roll over.
  • On your way back home from work, the car in front of you brakes suddenly. Unable to stop, you rear-end the car, causing damage to your vehicle.
  • Your neighbour’s vehicle is parked in the street in front of her house. While backing out of your driveway, you unfortunately hit her car door, damaging your vehicle.
  • You go do some errands and when you get back to your vehicle, you notice that the rear bumper has been damaged.

We compensate you for damage caused to your vehicle in certain types of collisions, rollovers and hit-and-runs. Theft, fire, vandalism, glass breakage and weather-related damage are covered by the All perils except collision and upset option.

Apply online

Our auto insurance is available only to Quebec residents.

How many vehicles and drivers would you like to insure?