Boost your group RRSP!
It's never the wrong moment
Prizes to be won
Up to $3,000
by making a lump-sum contribution or transfer from another financial institution
by doubling your regular contribution
Entering the contest
From January 1 to March 1, 2019, you will automatically be entered in the contest if you contribute to your Group RRSP in one of the following three ways. If you prefer, you can enter the contest by making a contribution to your Group TFSA with iA Financial Group, if you have one, under the same conditions.
Did you know our management fees are lower?
Your investments in your group plan with iA Financial Group could help you save up to 20% more over 15 years because our management fees are generally lower than those of other financial institutions.
20% more in retirement savings, count me in!
Scenario 1 - $2,000 investment
Financial institutions: $2,897
Group plan: $3,474
Scenario 2 - $5,000 investment
Financial institutions: $7,241
Group plan: $8,685
- Lump-sum contribution
$2,000 or $5,000 lump-sum contribution; 5% gross annual return rate; average management fees for an individual plan and group plan.
The above amounts are for information purposes only. You can find the actual management fees for your group retirement plan in your My Client Space.
Are you contributing enough to achieve your retirement goals?
Using our calculator, you can figure out:
- The cost per pay to increase your regular contributions
- The value of your lump-sum contribution at retirement
- The total amount you will earn in compound interest
What is compound interest?
The interest generated by your investments, at maturity, progressively increases the value of your capital and in turn generates more interest. That means your money is working for you!
RRSP – Registered Retirement Savings Plan
With an RRSP, you save for your retirement while enjoying income tax savings each year that you contribute.
You will have saved In your RRSP when you retire
- Contribution amount
- Return on contribution
- Return on return
This result is for information purposes only and is calculated based on the information you have provided and one certain assumptions.
Test other scenarios
Change the amount invested
An increase of 100% will increase your contribution from to , a difference of . Change the amount to see the impact on your savings.
Change your anticipated retirement age
- The rate of return used for this simulation is 5%. Real returns may vary.
- Your RRSP contribution used for this simulation remains fixed and is not indexed.
- All contributions to your RRSP grow on a tax-free basis. Your overall annual contribution may not exceed $26,010 (based on the 2017 limit).
- It is important to verify your federal notice of assessment to determine the amount of unused contribution room permitted for the taxation year concerned.
- You may make contributions to your RRSP until December 31 of the year in which you turn 71.