Individual Insurance, Savings and Retirement Sector/Permanent role/Telework
Reporting to the Vice President, Business Architecture & Data Strategy – Individual Insurance, Savings and Retirement, the Business Solutions Director is in charge of the successful design and delivery of strategic solutions and initiatives for the Administration function & our major modernization program (Modernia).
Following our recent evolution of the Business Architecture & Data Strategy function, and in an effort to ensure consistent execution from strategy to execution, three Business Solutions divisions have been created, including the Administration and modernization program (ModerniA).
This team's main mission will be to design and deliver solutions in line with the SAFe delivery model in place in the individual insurance, savings and retirement sector (the Individual).
The director will work in close collaboration with the operation areas of the Individual sector to support initiatives from identification to implementation, and drive the value delivery. The primary focus of the Director will be to deliver the transformation and automation of administration activities and new business operations.
Highly involved in our modernization program, the director ensures the efficient execution of the architecture, design, and delivery activities of the solutions, in line with the target architecture. He is also responsible for clarifying the priorities for his team and maintaining focus on the value to be delivered.
Looking for a transformation challenge? Willing to support your team to design and deliver the future of insurance? Wanting to be part of the adventure of a major modernization program?
You could join our growing environment and contribute as a leader and coach to your team!
Your main responsibilities would be:
- Manage a team of business transformation roles (Product managers, product owners, business architects, business analysts) that are driven to accelerate our transformation
- Manage the design and delivery of business capabilities and the execution of multiple projects through the complete lifecycle, from strategy to reality
- Lead the resources allocation and optimization, in order to meet our strategic objectives and deliver business value aligned with our sector’s priorities
- Sequence the deliveries to successfully meet our transformation plan, in collaboration with the sponsor of the projects/ programs
- Ensure the right alignment to business architecture and requirements to contribute to the success of our business transformation
- Ensure team alignment on our strategic priorities (short and long term period)
- Build and support projects teams
- Manage the project delivery leads
- Drive decisions at the appropriate stage of the delivery phase
- Ensure the targeted value definition and delivery
- Manage issues and risks as they come up
- Communicate across the Individual to support initiatives and drive understanding of priorities and organizational benefits
- Act as a role model for authentic and transversal leadership
- Partner with IT and business sectors to establish collaborative cross-functional and high performing delivery teams
- Establish relevant KPI to track performance
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, operations management, IT or another related field
- A master’s degree will be considered as an asset
- Experience as a manager or a director, and demonstrated leadership skills in a context of team transformation and cross-functional leadership
- Experience and relevant background in the Insurance sector
- A strategic and results oriented leader
- An inspiring leader recognized as a catalyst for change
- Strong communication and leadership skills with a very high level of influence; especially with complex projects and environments
- A team player
- Ability to mobilize and develop a high performing team including managers
- Experience with Agile (SAFe) Methodology and the application of architectural principles to business solutions
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills and priorities management skills
- Excellent English and French language skills, both oral and written due to frequent interactions with English and French-speaking colleagues or internal partners across Canada.
We would like to hear about your vision for this mandate. Don’t hesitate to apply or reach out on LinkedIn!