VP Sales/Wholesaler - Atlantic Canada
- Employer: IA Clarington Inc.
- Office: 502-5475, Spring Garden Road
- City: Dartmouth
- Province: Nova Scotia
- Job category: Sales and business development
- Job ID: JR10009661
- Job type: Permanent Job Full time
- Apply before: 2021-08-07
iA Financial Group is the fourth largest life and health insurance company in Canada and offers a wide range of products for all stages of life and to meet the needs of clients across its vast sales network. Founded in 1892, iA Financial Group’s stability and solidity make it an employer of choice that invests in its employees and their development over the long term.
With operations across Canada and in the United States, iA Financial Group and its over 5,000 employees work hard every day to offer the best service to over four million clients.
Reporting to the Regional Vice President, the VP, Sales / Wholesaler, Atlantic Canada, is responsible for:
· Generating sales results, achieving a pre-determined annual sales target and maintaining positive asset growth within a region comprised of both IIROC and MFDA advisors throughout Atlantic Canada
· Being proactive in prospecting efforts and engaging with and servicing existing clients through phone calls, virtual meetings, face-to-face meetings (when PHOs permit), branch meetings, manager visits, and through other general correspondence
· Developing and maintaining relationships through cold calls, warm referrals, meetings, events, and social activities with clients and through persistent prospecting
The ideal candidate will be based in Atlantic Canada and has:
· 5 or more years of experience in the wealth management arena, specifically within an investment wholesaler or internal wholesaler capacity
· A proven history of successfully managing an advisory region (both MFDA and IIROC), and a clear, demonstrable ability to prospect within the IIROC channel
· Post-secondary education is required
· At minimum, successful completion of the CSC is required, along with other industry designations indicating a passion for capital markets
· Complete understanding and knowledge of the securities, investment and mutual fund industries and products
· In addition, the candidate must have excellent communication skills, be a proactive self-starter as well as a team player who can share ideas
· The preferred candidate will also have the ability to lead a team and coach others, as well as having a consultative, value-added sales approach
Thank you for your interest in this role. Please note only those candidates selected for subsequent interviews will be contacted.
iA Financial Group is committed to having an equal access employment program and welcomes applications from women, visible minorities, Aboriginal peoples and disabled persons. Any use of the masculine form is to simplify the text and includes the feminine form.
Also, we are committed to fostering a workplace that promotes diversity and inclusion. We can provide accommodation in our recruitment and selection processes to applicants with disabilities where required. Please contact your Recruiter, or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.