Senior Advisor and Process Lead, Financial Information
- Employer: iA Financial Group
- Office: 925, Grande-Allee Ouest
- City: Québec
- Province: Quebec
- Job category: Business Administration, Finance and Accounting
- Job ID: JR10009590
- Job type: Permanent Job Full time
- Apply before: 2021-07-25
iA Financial Group is the fourth largest life and health insurance company in Canada and offers a wide range of products for all stages of life and to meet the needs of clients across its vast sales network. Founded in 1892, iA Financial Group’s stability and solidity make it an employer of choice that invests in its employees and their development over the long term.
With operations across Canada and in the United States, iA Financial Group and its over 5,000 employees work hard every day to offer the best service to over four million clients.
iA Dealer Services/Permanent role/Quebec or Vancouver/Bilingual (French-English)
Would you like to use your skills and knowledge in a strategic role, becoming the reference for your sector in terms of financial information and coordinating the activities related to it?
Do you see yourself as a key player in ensuring the efficiency of processes and liaising between the various stakeholders involved?
As a Senior Advisor and leader of the financial information process, you would be responsible for gathering the financial information and indicators required for all four iA Auto divisions to meet the needs of the Senior Vice President and the Executive Vice President.
Your primary responsibilities would be to:
- Determine the planning of efforts to produce financial information and projections in order to meet iA’s requirements and meet management needs, and coordinate the various activities associated with these processes
- Be the primary contact person for the CFO team and for all questions from the sector’s senior VP, Finance, associated with these processes
- Gather the required financial information for all four divisions of iA Auto (Dealer Services, iA Auto and Home, iA Auto Finance and iA Special Markets), ensure the consistency and integrity of the information presented, and summarize the information to the executive team
- Identify issues within the process and work with the various stakeholders to find solutions
- Implement process management indicators – DMS (definition, follow-up, improvements, reporting to management, corrective measures)
- Hold activities to improve the financial information and financial projection production processes
- Represent the Dealer Services division in activities associated with the financial information production and budget planning processes
- Be the project manager for elements and improvements to be put in place in relation to the processes for which you are the leader
- Coordinate financial analysis for projects and the gain follow-up process; May also be asked to perform certain financial analysis
- Excellent planning and organization skills
- Excellent analytical and summary skills
- Good stress management skills
- Ability to influence and have a transversal vision
- Ability to understand and clearly explain complex situations
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, to take charge and be proactive
- Actively participate in LEAN workshops as a process specialist
- Have a positive attitude towards change
- Flexible schedule to adapt to meetings based on eastern and western time zones
- May be asked to travel for business a few times every year
- Bachelor’s degree in actuarial services, accounting, or finance
- Canadian Institute of Actuaries fellow designation or CPA designation, an asset
- A minimum of seven years of relevant experience in producing financial information and/or financial projections
- Mastery of English and French
- Advanced mastery of Excel and the Windows environment
What if the next step in your career is at iA? Don't hesitate to apply and come talk to us on LinkedIn!
Please note that due to the current situation, this position will start remote, and this, for an indefinite period.
iA Financial Group is committed to having an equal access employment program and welcomes applications from women, visible minorities, Aboriginal peoples and disabled persons. Any use of the masculine form is to simplify the text and includes the feminine form.
Also, we are committed to fostering a workplace that promotes diversity and inclusion. We can provide accommodation in our recruitment and selection processes to applicants with disabilities where required. Please contact your Recruiter, or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.