Career opportunities everywhere in Canada - Entreprise architecture and solutions advisor
- Employer: iA Financial Group
- Office: 1080, Grande Allee West
- City: Québec
- Province: Quebec
- Job category: Information Technology
- Job ID: JR10008377
- Job type: Permanent Job Full time
- Apply before: 2021-06-30
iA Financial Group is the fourth largest life and health insurance company in Canada and offers a wide range of products for all stages of life and to meet the needs of clients across its vast sales network. Founded in 1892, iA Financial Group’s stability and solidity make it an employer of choice that invests in its employees and their development over the long term.
With operations across Canada and in the United States, iA Financial Group and its over 5,000 employees work hard every day to offer the best service to over four million clients.
We have a variety of career opportunities for advisors in enterprise and solution architecture
Possibility of telecommuting, anywhere in Canada
The Information Technology sector at iA Financial Group has seen growth of over 10% in the last year! We’ve got wind in our sails and we need your expertise and leadership.
Your impact will be huge! Starting day one, you will be involved with more than 1,500 application systems serving more than 7,000 employees, 25,000 representatives and 4 million clients in Canada and the United States.
Our IT culture? In addition to working with LEAN principles, we offer a dynamic and friendly environment where all ideas are always welcome! At iA, we know that we will always be working on innovative projects that are 50% grounded in expertise, 50% uncharted territory, and we encourage the creativity that this brings. To compensate, we emphasize mentoring, coaching, training and certification.
As an enterprise architecture advisor, your expertise will serve to:
- Define the modernization of the IT strategy and the modernization of systems by working with modern architectures and tools (cloud computing, containerization, DevOps, etc.)
- Identify areas where IT can support the needs and objectives of business lines and maximize delivered value
- Support business clients and play an advisory role based on accurate information gathering and analysis
- Target and analyse major issues and problems to establish diagnoses and make recommendations
- Support the sector to ensure the alignment of choices and recommendations with all corporate frameworks
- Bring together and guide technical teams with a modern and innovative architectural vision
- Orient, position and frame IT structures
- Support the optimization and simplification of the application portfolio
As a solution architecture advisor, your expertise will serve to:
- Develop sustainable, creative solutions while respecting the corporate framework
- Design solutions with a focus on asset reuse
- Raise the functional and non-functional requirements associated with expressed needs
- Guide modern solutions based on cloud and loosely coupled technologies
- Act as a high-performing team player on a multidisciplinary team
- Over 10 years of experience in information technology, including 5 years as an enterprise or solution architecture advisor
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in information technology, computer science or engineering or other relevant training
- Good command of French and English (oral and written)
- Knowledge of the insurance and financial services industry (asset)
- Excellent communication skills and ability to explain things in common terms, both with IT teams and business people
Having the following certifications or titles may be an asset for certain opportunities:
- Demonstrated practical knowledge and/or certification in Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe for Architects), LEAN, Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL), DevOps
- For enterprise architecture advisors:
- Knowledge of enterprise architecture frameworks (e.g.: TOGAF, Zachman, etc.)
- Experience using enterprise repositories such as Mega Hopex, Spark Enterprise Architect
- Experience working with SDLC (Software Development Lifecycle)
Want to join our team of 1,100 IT professionals who have chosen a company with the means to achieve its ambitions? Apply here!
iA Financial Group is committed to having an equal access employment program and welcomes applications from women, visible minorities, Aboriginal peoples and disabled persons. Any use of the masculine form is to simplify the text and includes the feminine form.
Also, we are committed to fostering a workplace that promotes diversity and inclusion. We can provide accommodation in our recruitment and selection processes to applicants with disabilities where required. Please contact your Recruiter, or send an email to email@example.com.