Winter Co-op Student - Developer, IT Solutions Delivery
- Employer: iA Financial Group
- Office: 522, University Avenue
- City: Toronto
- Province: Ontario
- Job category: Internships and Student Employment
- Job ID: JR10007081
- Job type: Student Job Full time
- Apply before: 2021-02-26
iA Financial Group is the fourth largest life and health insurance company in Canada and offers a wide range of products for all stages of life and to meet the needs of clients across its vast sales network. Founded in 1892, iA Financial Group’s stability and solidity make it an employer of choice that invests in its employees and their development over the long term.
With operations across Canada and in the United States, iA Financial Group and its over 5,000 employees work hard every day to offer the best service to over four million clients.
Winter 2021 Intern - Developer - IT Solution Delivery
See big... See far!
Your ambition has no limits! That's why, at iA Financial Group, you will have all the tools you need to reach your goals and take part in an internship that meets your expectations.
You will start your career in a fast-growing company and you will work with a multitude of technological tools and team members who will be happy to be your mentors.
At iA Financial Group, there are over 1000 employees in the information technology (IT) team.
You think that working for an insurance company is dull and lacks challenges?
Think again and read the following!
WHAT EXACTLY IS AN INTERNSHIP?
Are you an early-career person who is motivated by development and wants to learn within a dynamic application delivery team?
You will have the opportunity to assist in the realization, design or improvement of applications and initiatives that meet our business needs or our corporate solutions – while developing an understanding of all the different roles within the team through hands-on experience!
The duties would include:
- Assist in the development of a document repository for the application delivery team
- Help to manage and implement exciting business initiatives, including collaboration between business and technology sectors
- Develop, improve, correct or integrate software components according to functional files
- Ensure unit testing and contribute to the functional testing of product components
- Participate in the implementation and possible corrections of software package integrations under the responsibility of the team (configuration, parameterization)
- Participate in the organic analysis of new applications and initiatives
- Collaborate with business sectors in a context of modernization, development and evolution of our systems
Our different positions combine one or more of these development or project management platforms:
- You want to do back-end development: we've got it!
- You're more of an all-rounder: we've got a lot of choices on that side too!
Our languages and tools are diversified and according to the needs of the team:
We will take the time to discuss your preferences and interests with you to choose the right internship for you among all those offered.
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO HAVE?
- Current: Bachelor's degree (BAC) in computer science, software engineering, computer engineering
- Current: Interest in Project Management tools and methodologies is an asset, basic understanding of MS Office productivity tools, including Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Be looking for an eligible internship that will be credited towards your training.
WHAT WILL YOU GET?
- WORK MODE: Flexible - AGILE/SCRUM approach in a LEAN context (continuous improvement) combined with more traditional methodologies – we’re in an exciting transformational stage!
- TRAINING: no worries, we take care of your integration in the team and your training (you can't know everything already!).
- CONDITIONS: flexible schedule, social activities and, if everything goes back to normal, a low-cost cafeteria service and a free gym (you have to burn off the extra calories from lunch dessert!).
SALARY: Curious? It will be specified during the interview, as it is adjusted according to the number of internships you have completed
iA Financial Group is committed to having an equal access employment program and welcomes applications from women, visible minorities, Aboriginal peoples and disabled persons. Any use of the masculine form is to simplify the text and includes the feminine form.
Also, we are committed to fostering a workplace that promotes diversity and inclusion. We can provide accommodation in our recruitment and selection processes to applicants with disabilities where required. Please contact your Recruiter, or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.