Director, Planning Services
- Employer: PPI Management Inc.
- Office: 340-3000 boul. René-Lévesque
- City: Verdun
- Province: Quebec
- Job category: Not Evaluated (Job Family)
- Job ID: JR10006164
- Job type: Permanent Job Full time
- Apply before: 2021-02-12
iA Financial Group is the fourth largest life and health insurance company in Canada and offers a wide range of products for all stages of life and to meet the needs of clients across its vast sales network. Founded in 1892, iA Financial Group’s stability and solidity make it an employer of choice that invests in its employees and their development over the long term.
With operations across Canada and in the United States, iA Financial Group and its over 5,000 employees work hard every day to offer the best service to over four million clients.
PPI company overview:
Shaping Dreams Into Legacies
PPI elevates independent financial advisors to the next level.
Supporting advisors with market leading expertise and technology, we empower them to build the best solutions for their clients through proprietary tools, a comprehensive product suite, unparalleled life insurer relationships and competitive compensation. A tireless supporter and advocate for Canada’s insurance advisors, PPI offers national resources through a network of local offices from coast to coast.
Unparalleled resources. At your command.
Our business culture is guided by our core values, grounded in a powerful belief in the enhanced value of life insurance. We are also strong advocates for the essential value of insurance advisors to further the goals of their clients. For PPI, this means doing everything in our power to open new markets for advisors and enable their practices to prosper and thrive.
For more information about PPI visit: www.ppi.ca
Director, Planning Services
We are looking for an experienced professional with in-depth tax and estate planning knowledge to join our PPI Planning Services team. The team is comprised of accountants, lawyers and actuaries who consult with life insurance advisors, their clients and their clients’ tax and legal professionals. As an integral part of the PPI value proposition, you will provide insight into income tax, estate and business planning as it relates to life insurance opportunities with business owners, professionals and high net worth clients.
What you will do:
- Prepare comprehensive and technical tax and estate planning reports for insurance advisors and their clients
- Prepare memos relating to specific tax and estate planning questions raised by insurance advisors and their clients
- Work collaboratively with the Sales, Marketing and Underwriting teams and develop and present custom proposals and insurance solutions for large, complex cases in the high net worth (HNW) and ultra-HNW market
- Respond to tax and estate planning inquiries from insurance advisors and corporate personnel
- Communicate with professional advisors to discuss issues and recommendations
- Prepare research and client newsletter articles on tax and estate planning topics
- Make presentations on relevant topics to life insurance advisors, and life insurance industry and professional groups
- Train and educate staff and advisors on tax and estate planning matters
- Maintain complete confidentiality relating to all client matters
- Maintain professional standards and designations through continuing education and professional development
Who you are:
Your peers recognize you as an excellent communicator, team player and an expert in your field. You enjoy working closely with colleagues and Advisors to have a direct impact on clients by providing tailored solutions to large, complex files. You have strong analytical and critical thinking skills and demonstrate an entrepreneurial and creative mindset. You enjoy working independently as well as part of a team.
What we are looking for:
- Chartered professional accountant or lawyer, specializing in tax with business degree (preferred)
- A minimum of 5 years income tax experience (including owner manager and estate planning and completion of the CICA In Depth Income Tax course)
- An additional designation of TEP, CFP, and CLU is an asset
- A strong working knowledge of tax and estate planning for high net worth individuals and business owners
- A strong working knowledge of the taxation of trusts, estates and private corporations
- Demonstrated marketing and entrepreneurial instincts
- Possess good communication skills and strong presentation skills
- Must be fluently bilingual, both oral and written, in English and French
iA Financial Group is committed to having an equal access employment program and welcomes applications from women, visible minorities, Aboriginal peoples and disabled persons. Any use of the masculine form is to simplify the text and includes the feminine form.
Also, we are committed to fostering a workplace that promotes diversity and inclusion. We can provide accommodation in our recruitment and selection processes to applicants with disabilities where required. Please contact your Recruiter, or send an email to email@example.com.