Litigation Counsel - Maternity Leave
- Employer: iA Financial Group
- Office: 522, University Avenue
- City: Toronto
- Province: Ontario
- Job category: Legal and Compliance Services
- Job ID: JR10004928
- Job type: Temporary Job Full time
iA Financial Group is the fourth largest life and health insurance company in Canada and offers a wide range of products for all stages of life and to meet the needs of clients across its vast sales network. Founded in 1892, iA Financial Group’s stability and solidity make it an employer of choice that invests in its employees and their development over the long term.
With operations across Canada and in the United States, iA Financial Group and its over 5,000 employees work hard every day to offer the best service to over four million clients.
Working out of our Toronto office, you will be a part of a dynamic, national legal department serving our business lines and subsidiaries. You will represent the company in litigation and manage external counsel in litigation. This will include but not be limited too handling demand letters, preparing pleadings, attending discoveries, mediations, and court appearances.
- Member in good standing with the Law Society of Ontario
- 2-4 years litigation experience in life & health insurance, financial services, or accident insurance
- Demonstrates learning agility, initiative, autonomy and client-service orientation.
- Can balance a large case load, competitive priorities, work under pressure and under tight deadlines both individually and in teams.
- Ability to clearly communicate complex legal issues to business partners
- Strong negotiation skills
- Ability to provide strategic advice on litigation and settlement
- Experience using Microsoft Office Suite, Galexy, and other legal software
- Experience in disability litigation is an asset
- Fluency in French is an asset
iA Financial Group is committed to fostering a workplace that promotes diversity and inclusion. We can provide accommodation in our recruitment and selection processes to applicants with disabilities where required. Please contact your Recruiter, or send an email to email@example.com
iA Financial Group is committed to having an equal access employment program and welcomes applications from women, visible minorities, Aboriginal peoples and disabled persons. Any use of the masculine form is to simplify the text and includes the feminine form.
Also, we are committed to fostering a workplace that promotes diversity and inclusion. We can provide accommodation in our recruitment and selection processes to applicants with disabilities where required. Please contact your Recruiter, or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.