Claims Adjudicator, Mechanical Warranty
- Employer: iA Financial Group
- Office: 601-9150 boul. Leduc
- City: Brossard
- Province: Quebec
- Job category: Customer Service and Administrative Support
- Job ID: JR10004599
- Job type: Permanent Job Full time
iA Financial Group is the fourth largest life and health insurance company in Canada and offers a wide range of products for all stages of life and to meet the needs of clients across its vast sales network. Founded in 1892, iA Financial Group’s stability and solidity make it an employer of choice that invests in its employees and their development over the long term.
With operations across Canada and in the United States, iA Financial Group and its over 5,000 employees work hard every day to offer the best service to over four million clients.
The Mechanical Warranty Claims Adjuster is responsible for adjudicating mechanical warranty claims on Extended Warranty Contract Policies sold across Canada and servicing a fluctuating caseload of new and ongoing claims within department service standards required to support the SAL Group clients.
In a centralized environment, the incumbent may work with the SAL Regional staff and the SAL Head Office administration staff to provide excellent and seamless claims service to the claimants and brokers. To carry out the duties of this position, the incumbent requires a good knowledge of SAL mechanical warranty products, systems and distribution channels. A strong desire to provide exceptional customer service, including verbal and written communication skills, is essential for this position.
• Processes warranty claims, assigns inspectors, justifies benefits a customer is contractually entitled while also eliminating wasteful and abusive claims.
• Communicates decision to claimants.
• If appropriate, calculates payments and create payments on the system.
• Interpret the policy contracts to accurately calculate benefits, which is a completely manual process.
• Communicates in writing to customers using standard letters (with some modification) and customized letters.
• Discusses and presents difficult or complex claims to management.
• Negotiates with the claimant in the case of an overpayment to ensure that IA Pacific receives a full refund.
• Develops and maintains positive and effective business relationships with the claimant base and Regional offices staff.
• Reacts productively to change, and handles other essential tasks as assigned.
• Provides appropriate and timely communication, while maintaining confidentiality with claimants and other departments within IA Pacific, while being able to apply the terms of the coverage.
• Completion of Post Secondary or Community College Diploma and or an Undergraduate Degree in Science or Business Administration an asset.
• Industry related experience minimum of 3 years, related vehicle mechanical experience in a repair facility environment.
Computer, Systems and Technology Knowledge:
• Basic PC Skills, Mainframe application experience.
• Microsft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook).
• Familiar with the Internet and maneuvering within a Web based application.
• Ability to deal with people and communicate effectively by telephone (customer service orientation)
• Must have strong organizational, negotiation, detail oriented and problem-solving skills.
• Excellent bilingual communication skills (French/English) .
iA Financial Group is committed to having an equal access employment program and welcomes applications from women, visible minorities, Aboriginal peoples and disabled persons. Any use of the masculine form is to simplify the text and includes the feminine form.
Also, we are committed to fostering a workplace that promotes diversity and inclusion. We can provide accommodation in our recruitment and selection processes to applicants with disabilities where required. Please contact your Recruiter, or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.