Business Development Manager
- Employer: PPI Management Inc.
- Office: 300-6700, boulevard Pierre-Bertrand
- City: Quebec
- Province: Quebec
- Job category: Not Evaluated (Job Family)
- Job ID: JR10004334
- Job type: Permanent Job Full time
iA Financial Group is the fourth largest life and health insurance company in Canada and offers a wide range of products for all stages of life and to meet the needs of clients across its vast sales network. Founded in 1892, iA Financial Group’s stability and solidity make it an employer of choice that invests in its employees and their development over the long term.
With operations across Canada and in the United States, iA Financial Group and its over 5,000 employees work hard every day to offer the best service to over four million clients.
Shaping Dreams Into Legacies
PPI elevates independent financial advisors to the next level.
Supporting advisors with market leading expertise and technology, we empower them to build the best solutions for their clients through proprietary tools, a comprehensive product suite, unparalleled life insurer relationships and competitive compensation. A tireless supporter and advocate for Canada’s insurance advisors, PPI offers national resources through a network of local offices from coast to coast.
Unparalleled resources. At your command.
To maintain PPI’s exacting level of service, we are looking for a Business Development Manager to join our Quebec Sales Team.
Business Development Manager
The Business Development Manager is responsible for supporting PPI advisors in the sale of life insurance products and increasing overall production in their assigned territory through a team-coordinated approach to sales opportunities, a focus on maximizing existing business relationships and by developing new advisor relationships.
- Proactively meet with identified Advisors to build rapport, understand their business, and use PPI resources (KYA, Toolkit, Advisory, SPN, etc.) to help them grow their business
- Assist in delivering the Knowledge Program and conduct all necessary follow-up
- Manage Wholesalers to function as an extension of PPI support to Advisors
- Develop and manage the relationship with Wholesalers to ensure they understand and support PPI’s business offering to our advisors, are effective in delivering the PPI message, are comfortable and confident in using PPI tools and are encouraged to refer advisors to PPI
- Develop and maintain positive consultative relationships with assigned financial advisors
- Promote insurance products and increase production for an assigned sales and marketing office
- Provide case consultation to advisors. Utilize software tools to demonstrate comparative product advantages, etc.
- Organize and conduct seminars, education workshops and product and sales concepts meetings for Advisors in small groups and one-on-one sessions
- Assist Business Operations with underwriting for complex and/or difficult cases
- Provide assistance to advisors regarding information dissemination and clarification between the carriers and advisors
- Coach sales support staff to develop their understanding and skills in the areas of case consultation, insurance products, etc.
- Recruit new advisors in conjunction with the Vice-President, Sales of the assigned area
- Contribute to the success of the sales office by taking the initiative to support colleagues and co-workers in their job responsibilities as necessary
Education, Experience and Skills:
- Must be fluently bilingual in French and English
- Undergraduate degree in a business related program desired
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a sales role related to life insurance, living benefits, segregated funds or related products
- Must hold a valid Life license
- Industry designations (CFP, CLU, ChFC) desired
- Proven sales and marketing skills
- Knowledge of the local market
- Effective problem solver with the initiative to be innovative and creative with developing new ideas and concepts
- Exemplary interpersonal skills with a proven ability to develop and maintain relationships
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Proven ability to handle confidential material with the highest level of discretion
PPI is committed to providing a safe, welcoming, barrier-free accessible workplace. We welcome and encourage all qualified applicants and will accommodate candidates with disabilities in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process.
We thank all applicants for applying, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Your resume may be used for other vacancies.
iA Financial Group is committed to having an equal access employment program and welcomes applications from women, visible minorities, Aboriginal peoples and disabled persons. Any use of the masculine form is to simplify the text and includes the feminine form.
Also, we are committed to fostering a workplace that promotes diversity and inclusion. We can provide accommodation in our recruitment and selection processes to applicants with disabilities where required. Please contact your Recruiter, or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.