President, IA Portfolio Management
- Employer: IA Portfolio Management
- Office: 210-17550, N. Perimeter Drive Ste
- City: Scottsdale
- Province: Arizona
- Job category: Not Evaluated (Job Family)
- Job ID: JR10004289
- Job type: Permanent Job Full time
iA Financial Group is the fourth largest life and health insurance company in Canada and offers a wide range of products for all stages of life and to meet the needs of clients across its vast sales network. Founded in 1892, iA Financial Group’s stability and solidity make it an employer of choice that invests in its employees and their development over the long term.
With operations across Canada and in the United States, iA Financial Group and its over 5,000 employees work hard every day to offer the best service to over four million clients.
Based in Scottsdale, AZ, Industrial Alliance Portfolio Management U.S. (IAPM) is an investment management company created in 2013 to manage a large portfolio of U.S. long-term fixed-income securities for its parent company’s account. Founded in 1892, Industrial Alliance (iA) contributes to the financial well-being of over 3 million clients in Canada and the United States. iA employs more than 5,700 people and manages and administers over $173 billion in assets. iA’s stock is listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol IAG.
Reporting to the Board of Directors, the President is charged with the management of IAPM and has ultimate control and responsibility for IAPM’s activities. Responsibilities include setting IAPM’s objectives; establishing organizational framework and Budget; approving investment plans, policies, and guidelines; and promoting strategies to achieve all objectives and targets in accordance with the Business Plan and the Investment plan approved by the Board.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with the Board to define and articulate the organization’s vision, and to develop and monitor strategies for achieving that vision.
- Provide prompt, thorough, and accurate information to keep the board appropriately informed of the organization’s financial position and the quality of investments.
- Provide strategic leadership for the company, and for decision-making on issues affecting the organization.
- Evaluate and advise on the impact of long-range planning, introduction of new strategies, and actions regarding portfolio management and recommend changes, as necessary, to Board of Directors.
- Ensure that all areas of the company function in an effective and efficient manner, which fully supports the objectives of the company and adheres to the Business and Investment Plans.
- Enhance and/or develop, implement, and enforce policies, internal controls, and procedures of the organization.
- Create annual operating plans and budgets, which support strategic direction approved by the Board and correlate with annual operating budgets.
- Discuss trade scenarios recommended by the Investment Team and approve transactions.
- Manage compliance with legal and regulatory requirements, objectives, and Business and Investment Plans.
- Prepare and present a quarterly report to the Board of Directors regarding adherence to the Investment Policy.
- Prepare and present the financial statements and performance of portfolio quarterly to the Board of Directors.
- Promote a culture that reflects the organization’s values, encourages good performance, and rewards productivity.
- Manage company staff in accordance with human resources policies and procedures that fully conform to current laws and regulations.
- Develop future leadership and expertise within the organization.
- Evaluate organization and staff performance on a regular basis.
- Prudently manage the organization's resources within budget guidelines in accordance with company policy, as well as current laws and regulations.
- Ensure compliance with applicable accounting principles.
- Ensure quality relationships and reporting to the parent company.
- Develop and promote efficient relationship with financial service providers.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or related field, MBA preferred.
- CFA Charterholder preferred.
- 10+ years’ experience in financial management at a senior level, preferably in portfolio management.
- Strategic thinker with sound technical skills, analytical ability, good judgment, and strong operational and analytical focus.
- Well-organized and self-directed individual who is a team player.
- Articulate individual with excellent communication skills, who can relate to people at all levels of an organization.
- Decisive individual possessing a "big picture" perspective.
- Well versed in systems and financial data sources and their use in the organization.
- Leader with a positive attitude combined with an ability to get things done.
- Possess and model high ethical standards and integrity.
iA Financial Group is committed to having an equal access employment program and welcomes applications from women, visible minorities, Aboriginal peoples and disabled persons. Any use of the masculine form is to simplify the text and includes the feminine form.
Also, we are committed to fostering a workplace that promotes diversity and inclusion. We can provide accommodation in our recruitment and selection processes to applicants with disabilities where required. Please contact your Recruiter, or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.