- Employer: iA Financial Group
- Office: 515 Consumer Road
- City: North York
- Province: Ontario
- Job category: Marketing and Communications
- Job ID: JR10004261
- Job type: Permanent Job Full time
iA Financial Group is the fourth largest life and health insurance company in Canada and offers a wide range of products for all stages of life and to meet the needs of clients across its vast sales network. Founded in 1892, iA Financial Group’s stability and solidity make it an employer of choice that invests in its employees and their development over the long term.
With operations across Canada and in the United States, iA Financial Group and its over 5,000 employees work hard every day to offer the best service to over four million clients.
We are looking to add an Assistant Administrator to join our team in our North York office.
The incumbent is responsible for providing customer service, performing policy administration and premium processing.
- open and post mail, handle couriers
- check and code Vendor Invoices and maintain Branch Expenses files
- order, monitor, restock and maintain forms and supplies
- redirects incoming claims to appropriate destination
- manage equipment and building maintenance service
- responsible for maintenance of the Toronto group mailbox
- renewals - pull policies, prepares experience and premium reports
- assists in preparing renewal and binder letters/emails when necessary
- assists in preparing endorsements for both the Toronto and Quebec office when necessary
- create/modify customized Word documents, Excel spreadsheets
- prepares files/report for files to be transferred offsite
- check/calculate for accuracy and code premium payments
- inputs premium data received by block groups in excel spreadsheets for head quarters accounting on a monthly basis
- assess and problem solve premium processing issues
- contact Brokers/Policyholders with premium issues
- arranges office/broker events
- make recommendations to Manager to improve department efficiency
- assists in special projects (e.g. renovations)
- responsible for the closing of the office nightly
- facilitate printer problems and repairs with technicians
- provide copier and printer training/assistance to department staff
- take Broker/client phone call/e-mail inquiries
- assist Brokers/clients with requests when necessary
- High School Diploma and Business Administration Diploma/Certificate or related experience
Customer relations and administration experience;
Special Risk insurance experience (preferred/nice to have)
Strong verbal and written communication skills and interpersonal skills;
Excellent analytical and problem-solving ability,
organizational and multi-tasking skills;
Detail oriented, decisive, confident, professional, works well under pressure, team player, collaborates win-win solutions;
Advanced working knowledge of Windows based applications and office equipment
iA Financial Group is committed to having an equal access employment program and welcomes applications from women, visible minorities, Aboriginal peoples and disabled persons. Any use of the masculine form is to simplify the text and includes the feminine form.
Also, we are committed to fostering a workplace that promotes diversity and inclusion. We can provide accommodation in our recruitment and selection processes to applicants with disabilities where required. Please contact your Recruiter, or send an email to email@example.com.