Customer Service Representative
- Employer: iA Financial Group
- Office: 400-988 Broadway West
- City: Vancouver
- Province: British Columbia
- Job category: Customer Service and Administrative Support
- Job ID: JR10003985
- Job type: Permanent Job Full time
iA Financial Group is the fourth largest life and health insurance company in Canada and offers a wide range of products for all stages of life and to meet the needs of clients across its vast sales network. Founded in 1892, iA Financial Group’s stability and solidity make it an employer of choice that invests in its employees and their development over the long term.
With operations across Canada and in the United States, iA Financial Group and its over 5,000 employees work hard every day to offer the best service to over four million clients.
Are you a detail oriented person who excels at building and maintaining relationships? Is your best part of your day being able to provide exceptional customer service? If this describes you, the role might be just what you are looking for! This position supports the administration of the Creditor and P&C businesses and is the primary contact to external clients and finance sources. The incumbent works under the direct supervision of Senior Customer Service Representative.
What will you be doing:
• Handling queries whether received by telephone, mail/fax, or walk-in.
• Assess customer needs and channel customer request to appropriate teams.
- Data entry of new business and maintain current client records ensuring that any errors are resolved or follow up on incomplete information.
- Verify the correct certificate was used and the correct premiums were calculated.
- Generate business correspondence to insureds and/or dealers when additional information is required; coverage needs to be confirmed; an adjustment to coverage needs to be communicated; and certificates are cancelled.
- Process cancellations daily as requests are received and send the refund cheque and letter to the appropriate recipient
- Prepare and send any applicable chargeback notification
Process Daily Cash Deposit
- Enter all cheques accurately into the group credit system
- Prepare, verify and submit the deposit to accounting before the daily deadline
- Reconcile dealer remittances, correcting data entry errors, invoice dealers for outstanding premiums, return excess premiums where applicable and generate premium confirmation reports
- Manual Journals: where a dealer combines payment for multiple products or multiple dealerships, process a manual journal entry to move funds to the appropriate dealer account or issue a cheque to move funds to the appropriate subsidiary
What we are looking for:
- Post secondary education diploma or degree in business administration, plus ideally 3 years related work experience either in an office administration or a customer service environment.
- LOMA Associate, Customer Service (ACS) designation or willingness to complete within two years of employment.
- 3 years related work experience either in an office administration or a customer service environment.
- Knowledge of administration and claims processes would be an asset
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Bilingual in French and English would be an asset
What we can offer you:
- Brand new state of the art, transit accessible building with access to fully equipped gym
- Employer subsidized meals
- Transit Subsidy program
- 35 hour work week
- Fun social activities
- Comprehensive health and dental plan including a health spending account and wellness account
- Defined Benefit Pension Plan
- Generous vacation entitlement including personal leave days
- Support for learning and development and career growth
iA Financial Group is committed to having an equal access employment program and welcomes applications from women, visible minorities, Aboriginal peoples and disabled persons. Any use of the masculine form is to simplify the text and includes the feminine form.
Also, we are committed to fostering a workplace that promotes diversity and inclusion. We can provide accommodation in our recruitment and selection processes to applicants with disabilities where required. Please contact your Recruiter, or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.