Bilingual (French/English) Creditor Claims Examiner
- Employer: iA Financial Group
- Office: 400-988 Broadway West
- City: Vancouver
- Province: British Columbia
- Job category: Customer Service and Administrative Support
- Job ID: JR10003954
- Job type: Permanent Job Full time
iA Financial Group is the fourth largest life and health insurance company in Canada and offers a wide range of products for all stages of life and to meet the needs of clients across its vast sales network. Founded in 1892, iA Financial Group’s stability and solidity make it an employer of choice that invests in its employees and their development over the long term.
With operations across Canada and in the United States, iA Financial Group and its over 5,000 employees work hard every day to offer the best service to over four million clients.
Are you a detail oriented person who loves the challenge of managing a fluctuating caseload of claims? Do you like providing exceptional customer service? If you said yes this role might be for you!
We are currently looking for a Bilingual (French/English) Creditor Claims Examiner to join our close knit team to handle our disability case management. To carry out the duties of this position, the incumbent requires a good knowledge of all Creditor products, the legal issues that make an impact on claims adjudication, as well as, a good understanding of the market that the Creditor Claims unit services. Strong verbal and written communication skills is an essential asset.
What You will Be Doing:
- Create case management strategies for those accepted claims and carry out the planning and implementation of these strategies to effectively manage claims through recovery or closure, in the shortest time possible.
- Manage claims through decision-making and explain/clarify provisions to claimants, financial institutions, and occasionally, car dealerships.
- Initial and ongoing case management of claims by compiling and evaluating medical and other relevant information.
- Ensure that the claims process maintains correct reserve setting, through the accuracy of data entry to the mainframe and creditor system.
- Negotiate with the financial institutions/claimants in the case of an overpayment
- Develop positive and effective relationships with the claimant base, financial institutions, and appropriate, car dealerships.
- Provide appropriate and timely communication, while maintaining the confidentiality required with claimants, employers, attending physicians, financial institutions, other insurers, representatives, medical professionals, other departments within iA, and where appropriate, car dealerships.
- Assist in the investigation and handling of claims appeals and complaints at level one nature.
- Interact on a daily basis with disability claimants suffering both physical and mental illnesses in an empathetic but firm manner
- Maintain established claims management practices, be cognizant of claims practices and suggest process improvements when noted, and achieve service standards.
- Ensure file documentation is precise, accurate and objective to meet legal standards.
- Ensure computer records are correct and cheques are issued on a timely basis.
What we are Looking For:
- Minimum completion of Post Secondary or Community College Diploma or an Undergraduate university degree in Science or Business Administration an asset
- Minimum 4 to 5 years related industry experience. 2 years in claims adjudication or claims assistant experience, with an in-depth knowledge of medical terminology is prefered
- Proven excellence in communication (verbal /written).\Critical thinking analysis and Decision making ability.
- Superior organizational skills and ability to multi-task.
What we can Offer You:
- Brand new state of the art, transit accessible building with access to fully equipped gym
- Employer subsidized meals
- Transit Subsidy program
- 35 hour work week
- Casual work environment including a casual dress code
- Fun social activities
- Comprehensive health and dental plan including a health spending account and wellness account
- Defined Benefit Pension Plan
- An annual bonus
- Generous vacation entitlement including personal leave days
- Support for learning and development and career growth
iA Financial Group is committed to having an equal access employment program and welcomes applications from women, visible minorities, Aboriginal peoples and disabled persons. Any use of the masculine form is to simplify the text and includes the feminine form.
Also, we are committed to fostering a workplace that promotes diversity and inclusion. We can provide accommodation in our recruitment and selection processes to applicants with disabilities where required. Please contact your Recruiter, or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.