Manager, Actuarial, Special Markets Solutions
- Employer: iA Financial Group
- Office: 400-988 Broadway West
- City: Vancouver
- Province: British Columbia
- Job category: Actuarial Services
- Job ID: JR10003861
- Job type: Permanent Job Full time
iA Financial Group is the fourth largest life and health insurance company in Canada and offers a wide range of products for all stages of life and to meet the needs of clients across its vast sales network. Founded in 1892, iA Financial Group’s stability and solidity make it an employer of choice that invests in its employees and their development over the long term.
With operations across Canada and in the United States, iA Financial Group and its over 5,000 employees work hard every day to offer the best service to over four million clients.
Are you passionate about actuarial work and group benefits? Are you a proactive professional looking to manage a close-knit, dynamic team? If so then this might be the perfect role for you!
The role of the Manager includes analyzing the financial results of the line of business at a high level and to make recommendations to meet and exceed profitability expectations. With input from higher management, the candidate:
- Manages and evaluates the work of 4 professionals;
- Oversees the production of actuarial reserves and ensures that the actuarial liabilities of the line of business are adequately funded, following the Canadian actuarial principles;
- Is responsible for the explanation and the projection (DCAT, budget, etc) of financial results of the line of business, including the development of analysis tools, the financial management reports for the line of business and the unit cost;
- Is responsible for supporting underwriting, specifically defining base rates, non-standard rates options, supporting major quotes and some tools;
- Is responsible for experience studies and for industry surveys, communicate results and suggest measures to take to improve profitability;
- Is responsible for reinsurance needs for the line of business and, to achieve this objective, analyze risks and recommends solutions to minimize them;
- Oversees complex bonus and claims calculations;
- Collaborates with Product Development & Marketing for new products and new ventures related to existing products;
- Is responsible for quality control and productivity of their team
- Will play a key role in developing their team
- University degree in actuarial science;
- At least 5 years of relevant experience in an actuarial field;
- FSA or FCIA title;
- Knowledge of relevant software, including MS Office;
- Able to manage priorities and to deliver results with short deadlines, analytical and continuous improvement mindset, creative and proactive with good communication skills
What we can offer you:
- Brand new state of the art, transit accessible building with access to fully equipped gym
- Employer subsidized meals
- Transit Subsidy program
- 35 hour work week
- Casual work environment including a casual dress code
- Fun social activities
- Comprehensive health and dental plan including a health spending account and wellness account
- Defined Benefit Pension Plan
- An annual bonus
- Generous vacation entitlement including personal leave days
- Support for learning and development and career growth
iA Financial Group is committed to having an equal access employment program and welcomes applications from women, visible minorities, Aboriginal peoples and disabled persons. Any use of the masculine form is to simplify the text and includes the feminine form.
Also, we are committed to fostering a workplace that promotes diversity and inclusion. We can provide accommodation in our recruitment and selection processes to applicants with disabilities where required. Please contact your Recruiter, or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.