Manager, Business Intelligence
- Employer: IA Securities Inc.
- Office: 26, Wellington Avenue East 7th floor
- City: Toronto
- Province: Ontario
- Job category: Project / Program Management - Product Development
- Job ID: JR10003700
- Job type: Permanent Job Full time
iA Financial Group is the fourth largest life and health insurance company in Canada and offers a wide range of products for all stages of life and to meet the needs of clients across its vast sales network. Founded in 1892, iA Financial Group’s stability and solidity make it an employer of choice that invests in its employees and their development over the long term.
With operations across Canada and in the United States, iA Financial Group and its over 5,000 employees work hard every day to offer the best service to over four million clients.
- Own the vision, strategy and implementation of Business Intelligence analytics capabilities within iA Wealth
- Drive data-driven business decisions by providing actionable insights and analysis to key enterprise stakeholders
- Understand opportunities and challenges of internal business teams, and drive reporting and analysis to meet those needs
- Lead the business intelligence analyst team to:
- Define business data requirements for the Corporate Database
- Develop routine and ad hoc business intelligence reports including analytics and insights in support of business strategy development, business cases, strategic initiatives, and various planning activities as required; Work directly with business units to ensure data requirements and timing are fully understood and delivery is met within expectations
- Work with key stakeholders to develop standard definitions for key data points including “households”, “advisors” and other relevant terms
- Develop routine (automated) management reporting in support of operations, sales management, product management, practice management and other critical business functions
- Develop data extracts and files to be employed by various digital platforms within the iA Wealth technology ecosystem (e.g. Corporate Database feeds to and from books of record, client and advisor portals, advisor desktop, etc.)
- Develop/adopt best practice methodologies for business intelligence, data mining and analytics and stay up to date on emerging technologies and techniques relevant to the business intelligence discipline; business case and recommend new approaches where there is business value
- Work with VP and other Directors to plan resource assignments across priority initiatives
- Promote a data first mindset across the Wealth division to enable iA to become a data-driven organization
- Implement a governance framework; ensure that senior executives and steering committees are well-informed and engaged appropriately when key decisions or actions required as related to the department’s mandate
- Implement vendor and IT relationship management model
- Define audit processes for data to ensure that it is current and relevant
- Identify opportunities to collaborate with and leverage the capabilities and data of partners across iA Wealth and iA Financial Group to leverage solutions and maximize business opportunities across the enterprise
- Build a team of 6-8 analysts who have business expertise and either have the necessary data mining skills (e.g. SQL, MySQL) or have a high aptitude for learning the necessary skills
- Provide leadership and mentorship to the team
- Refine team’s mandate and structure to account for changing business and advisor needs
- Define annual performance objectives for team members
- Attract, develop and ret key talent to develop a high-performance team.
- Lead team members through change with particular attention to engagement, morale and continuous improvement
- Hold team members to high performance standards while leading by example
- Ensure that team members are managing their initiatives effectively and within time and resource constraints
- Ensure that analysts have effectively managed QA process prior to rollout of any data, analytics and insights to stakeholders
- 10+ years of prior experience in the Wealth Management industry
- 10+ years of prior experience in analytics, business/product strategy, business development, marketing, finance or other roles providing exposure to trends in the retail wealth management industry
- Experience in Business Intelligence, statistics, data science and creating research reports for executive audiences
- Ability to derive business insights, identify opportunities and risk through the analysis of data
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills and ability to engage effectively at all levels of the organization
- Strong leadership skills with proven history of attracting, developing, motivating and retaining top talent
- University degree in business, economics, marketing, mathematics or related subjects
- Experience in Business Intelligence platforms such as: Tableau, Domo, Qlik Sense, Power BI etc.
- Strong knowledge of SQL, MySQL preferred
iA Financial Group is committed to having an equal access employment program and welcomes applications from women, visible minorities, Aboriginal peoples and disabled persons. Any use of the masculine form is to simplify the text and includes the feminine form.
Also, we are committed to fostering a workplace that promotes diversity and inclusion. We can provide accommodation in our recruitment and selection processes to applicants with disabilities where required. Please contact your Recruiter, or send an email to email@example.com.