- Employer: IA Clarington Inc.
- Office: 26 Wellington Street East
- City: Toronto
- Province: Ontario
- Job category: Project / Program Management - Product Development
- Job ID: JR10003698
- Job type: Permanent Job Full time
iA Financial Group is the fourth largest life and health insurance company in Canada and offers a wide range of products for all stages of life and to meet the needs of clients across its vast sales network. Founded in 1892, iA Financial Group’s stability and solidity make it an employer of choice that invests in its employees and their development over the long term.
With operations across Canada and in the United States, iA Financial Group and its over 5,000 employees work hard every day to offer the best service to over four million clients.
Reporting to the AVP Product Development & Research, the Product Analyst is a key member of the Product Team.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Analysis and reporting of the investment industry competitive landscape, including sales flows, assets, trends, fees, distribution, product structures and corporate development research.
- Development & preparation of written reports for the Product team, Senior management team, Sales and other senior leaders. Reporting speaks from the perspective of iA Clarington in relation to the competitive landscape.
- Supporting the due diligence of internal and external investment teams including preparing due diligence prep material
- Assisting in conducting portfolio manager searches for new mandates and contributing to product rationalization and enhancement recommendations
- Supporting research needs to contribute ideas and expertise to understand the industry and its competitive forces.
- Starting point to identifying and researching new product ideas; such analysis will focus on product value proposition, market and competitive analysis and strategic fit.
- Monitor product trends and competitor activity, and begin the process of analyzing and delivering a point of view, or voice, on the relative impact and/or opportunities for iA Clarington.
- Provide recommendations on key decisions concerning new product development and other initiatives as required and provide supporting data for those decisions.
- Work on other product development and special corporate projects from time to time in collaboration with the management, product management and sales teams.
- A strong knowledge of the investment industry and general portfolio management topics is required.
- Post secondary education in Business, Finance, Commerce or similar discipline.
- A minimum of 3 years of progressive experience within financial services with a minimum of 1-2 years in an analytical role.
- Progress towards the CFA (Completion of Level 1) preferred.
- Advanced MS Excel skills; strong proficiency with MS Word and PowerPoint.
- Proficiency with fund analytics portals and systems, including Morningstar Direct, Bloomberg a strong asset.
iA Financial Group is committed to having an equal access employment program and welcomes applications from women, visible minorities, Aboriginal peoples and disabled persons. Any use of the masculine form is to simplify the text and includes the feminine form.
Also, we are committed to fostering a workplace that promotes diversity and inclusion. We can provide accommodation in our recruitment and selection processes to applicants with disabilities where required. Please contact your Recruiter, or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.