Assistant Branch Manager - IIROC
- Employer: IA Securities Inc.
- City: Scarborough
- Province: Ontario
- Job category: Customer Service and Administrative Support
- Job ID: JR10003531
- Job type: Permanent Job Full time
iA Financial Group is the fourth largest life and health insurance company in Canada and offers a wide range of products for all stages of life and to meet the needs of clients across its vast sales network. Founded in 1892, iA Financial Group’s stability and solidity make it an employer of choice that invests in its employees and their development over the long term.
With operations across Canada and in the United States, iA Financial Group and its over 5,000 employees work hard every day to offer the best service to over four million clients.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, the Assistant Branch Manager is responsible for supporting the Branch Managers and providing operational and administrative support and assisting the Branch Managers with compliance supervision.
Specifically, you will:
1. Provide administrative support by:
• Preparing Branch Review documentation and presentation materials, as requested by Branch Managers.
• Preparing meeting agendas and meeting materials and documents.
• Preparing pre-audit questionnaires and reports for semi-annual visits performed by Branch Managers.
• Preparing branch site visit reports of findings and follow up for resolution of deficiencies.
• Preparing other branch reports as required.
• Reviewing daily blotters.
• Approving KYC updates and new accounts.
• Staying informed regarding industry trends and issues.
• Ensuring compliance policies and procedures are followed and put into practice.
• Reviewing and following up on all head office corporate audits to ensure compliance and attention to deficiencies and providing responses back to head office.
2. Provide operational support by:
• Assisting with branch review activities.
• Participating in special projects
• Respond to advisors and their staff regarding their questions on administrative issues
• Find solutions to pending items on behalf of advisors by dealing with different head office departments
• Follow up with departments when responses have not been received
3. Contribute to the effective functioning of the branch team by:
• Building effective working relationships across the team and with various business line and corporate function contacts.
• Maintaining a high level of customer service.
• Facilitating a culture of open and honest communication.
• Actively participating and contributing to touch bases and team meetings.
• Encouraging the generation of new ideas and approaches.
• Actively sharing knowledge and experience to enhance the development of all team members.
• Developing and executing a meaningful employee development plan.
•University degree or equivalent post-secondary education.
•2+ years of experience in the financial services industry, with some branch and sales management experience.
•Completion of the Canadian Securities Course (CSC).
•Completion of the Conduct and Practices Handbook (CPH).
•Completion of the Branch Managers Course and Effective Management Seminar will be required
• Intermediate/Advanced Skills in Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint and Word).
• Strong organizational and management skills.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to take initiative and work independently.
• Ability to meet deadlines.
iA Financial Group is committed to having an equal access employment program and welcomes applications from women, visible minorities, Aboriginal peoples and disabled persons. Any use of the masculine form is to simplify the text and includes the feminine form.
Also, we are committed to fostering a workplace that promotes diversity and inclusion. We can provide accommodation in our recruitment and selection processes to applicants with disabilities where required. Please contact your Recruiter, or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.