- Employer: iA Financial Group
- Office: 1130-1055 W. Hastings Street
- City: Vancouver
- Province: British Columbia
- Job category: Customer Service and Administrative Support
- Job ID: JR10003476
- Job type: Permanent Job Full time
iA Financial Group is the fourth largest life and health insurance company in Canada and offers a wide range of products for all stages of life and to meet the needs of clients across its vast sales network. Founded in 1892, iA Financial Group’s stability and solidity make it an employer of choice that invests in its employees and their development over the long term.
With operations across Canada and in the United States, iA Financial Group and its over 5,000 employees work hard every day to offer the best service to over four million clients.
Reporting to the Manager of Real Estate Assets for Western Canada, our receptionist is responsible for the reception area and shared areas of the office. The incumbent will interact with other iA employees and departments, clients and visitors to the office on a regular basis.
What will I be doing?
You’ll be answering inbound telephone calls – in an efficient and courteous manner – as well as sorting and distributing mail for the 7 departments in our office, and organizing courier pick-ups/deliveries and FedEx packages. Keeping our lunch room area tidy and appropriately stocked will be your responsibility; you’ll be buying office supplies and other supplies that relate to our coffee station, kitchen area and dishwasher.
In addition, we’ll need you to greet guests to the office (and announce their arrival), book meeting rooms (as required) and be the point of contact regarding any office maintenance matters, which will require you to communicate with our landlord on a variety of small, but important issues (i.e. HVAC, lights, door access, washrooms, etc.).
Other miscellaneous tasks will include liaising with IT on any matters that may disrupt the office, ordering name plates for new employees, updating office lists and staff movements, administration of parking facilities and reviewing, coding and sending invoices for payment to Accounts Payable. You may also be required to assist with special projects relating to office operations.
What will I need to be successful in this role?
You’ll need exceptional multi-tasking and organizational skills, as well as being professionally presentable, friendly and an excellent communicator.
- high school diploma
- 1-2 years of experience in a receptionist role, preferably in the insurance or financial services industry
- excellent communication skills
- excellent organizational skills
- meticulous and detail oriented
- highly developed customer service skills
- intermediate MS Office skills – Outlook, Word and Excel
- ability to work independently and follow guidelines
- strong team player – open communication, sharing information, keeping the team informed
What We Can Offer You
- Transit friendly office in the heart of Downtown Vancouver
- Transit Subsidy program
- 35 hour work week
- Fun social activities
- Comprehensive health and dental plan including a health spending account and wellness account
- Defined Benefit Pension Plan
- An annual bonus
- Generous vacation entitlement including personal leave days
- Support for learning and development and career growth
iA Financial Group is committed to having an equal access employment program and welcomes applications from women, visible minorities, Aboriginal peoples and disabled persons. Any use of the masculine form is to simplify the text and includes the feminine form.
Also, we are committed to fostering a workplace that promotes diversity and inclusion. We can provide accommodation in our recruitment and selection processes to applicants with disabilities where required. Please contact your Recruiter, or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.