Account Manager (Six Month Contract)
- Employer: IA Investment Counsel Inc.
- Office: 1700-202 6th Avenue SW
- City: Calgary
- Province: Alberta
- Job category: Business Administration, Finance and Accounting
- Job ID: JR10003444
- Job type: Temporary Job Full time
iA Financial Group is the fourth largest life and health insurance company in Canada and offers a wide range of products for all stages of life and to meet the needs of clients across its vast sales network. Founded in 1892, iA Financial Group’s stability and solidity make it an employer of choice that invests in its employees and their development over the long term.
With operations across Canada and in the United States, iA Financial Group and its over 5,000 employees work hard every day to offer the best service to over four million clients.
Reporting to the Investment Analyst, the Account Manager is responsible for the effective delivery of investment service from client account opening to daily maintenance.
This role is for a six month contract with a possibility of extension.
- Account Opening Documentation. For new accounts compile necessary documents and ensure they are completed correctly. Deliver documents to third parties. Follow up to ensure transfer occurs on a timely basis. Keep track, document and communicate with Consultants on transfer progress and completion.
- Implementation of Investment Strategies. From policy, prepare trade tickets for Investment Counsellor’s review. Once reviewed, process mutual fund, stock or bond trades.
- Verify cash balances are in line on a weekly basis. Make recommendations when necessary to the Investment Counsellor and develop trade allocations.
- Receive trade instructions from Investment Counsellors for accounts (withdraws, deposits, transfers in and out, etc). Process instructions and follow up to ensure their completion.
- Ensure custodian statements, manager statements and portfolio management systems are in agreement for transactions and positions on a monthly basis.
- Produce quarterly reports. Check for correct performance calculations and reasonability. Provide a short note on any details that need the Counsellor’s attention. Provide to Counsellor for final review.
- Fee administration and calculation. Ensure fee correctness by spot-checking. Provide fee statements for tax purposes on a timely basis.
- Account reconciliation and trouble shooting.
- Investigate and resolve account problems.
- 1-2 years experience in investment administration.
- While not a requirement, pursuit of or completion of CSC or IFIC designation and a university degree are an asset.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of MS Excel.
- Outstanding organizational skills and a strong attention to detail.
- A team player who is dedicated to exceptional client-service.
- Multi-tasker with the ability to remain focused on results.
iA Financial Group is committed to having an equal access employment program and welcomes applications from women, visible minorities, Aboriginal peoples and disabled persons. Any use of the masculine form is to simplify the text and includes the feminine form.
Also, we are committed to fostering a workplace that promotes diversity and inclusion. We can provide accommodation in our recruitment and selection processes to applicants with disabilities where required. Please contact your Recruiter, or send an email to email@example.com.