Junior Consultant, Investigative Services
- Employer: iA Financial Group
- Office: 522, University Avenue
- City: Toronto
- Province: Ontario
- Job category: Business Administration, Finance and Accounting
- Job ID: JR10003374
- Job type: Permanent Job Full time
iA Financial Group is the fourth largest life and health insurance company in Canada and offers a wide range of products for all stages of life and to meet the needs of clients across its vast sales network. Founded in 1892, iA Financial Group’s stability and solidity make it an employer of choice that invests in its employees and their development over the long term.
With operations across Canada and in the United States, iA Financial Group and its over 5,000 employees work hard every day to offer the best service to over four million clients.
Reporting to the Manager, Call Center, the Junior Consultant, Investigative Services is responsible for investigative services within the Group Health & Dental Claims department.
- Work independently and with the Consultant to coordinate auditing activities for the health and dental claims operations in accordance with best business practices
- In coordination with the Data Analyst, the Junior Consultant will monitor, review and analyze data to determine the need for further investigation of any suspected fraudulent claim activity
- Review and follow-up on tip reports from other team members to determine if a second level evaluation is required
- Conduct investigations into suspected cases, using investigative software and research methods to observe and document findings relevant to the investigation, in accordance with federal and provincial privacy laws
- Prepare a summary of investigation findings and recommendations for risk mitigation
- Support and lead the preparation and delivery of client presentations to provide a summary of auditing results, and to demonstrate the success of the auditing process and related cost savings
- Provide guidance and support to the team
- Build relationships, internally and externally, within the industry to promote fraud awareness and prevention and to promote the reputation of the Group Audit Services Team.
- College diploma or degree (Business, Investigative Services, or related field) & related industry certifications
- 5+ years experience in Group Insurance or experience in audit and fraud investigations.
- Exceptional analytical, research and investigative skills
- Good organization and written documentation skills
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Team oriented, customer service focused individual
- Experience and knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint)
- Knowledge of investigative software and social networks
- Knowledge of provincial and federal legislation, professional regulations, governing bodies and law enforcement
- Travel at an average frequency and attendance at various seminars, conferences, and association meetings dedicated to fraud awareness and prevention
iA Financial Group is committed to having an equal access employment program and welcomes applications from women, visible minorities, Aboriginal peoples and disabled persons. Any use of the masculine form is to simplify the text and includes the feminine form.
Also, we are committed to fostering a workplace that promotes diversity and inclusion. We can provide accommodation in our recruitment and selection processes to applicants with disabilities where required. Please contact your Recruiter, or send an email to email@example.com.