Bilingual (French) Client Service Specialist (6-month contract)
- Employer: iA Financial Group
- Office: 400-988 Broadway West
- City: Vancouver
- Province: British Columbia
- Job category: Customer Service and Administrative Support
- Job ID: JR10003282
- Job type: Temporary Job Full time
iA Financial Group is the fourth largest life and health insurance company in Canada and offers a wide range of products for all stages of life and to meet the needs of clients across its vast sales network. Founded in 1892, iA Financial Group’s stability and solidity make it an employer of choice that invests in its employees and their development over the long term.
With operations across Canada and in the United States, iA Financial Group and its over 5,000 employees work hard every day to offer the best service to over four million clients.
The incumbent for this position is responsible for responding in both English and in French to telephone queries as well as email and written queries from clients, brokers and policyholders with regards to group term insurance products. In addition, he/she is responsible for maintenance of client records and processing change requests as well as for French translation and review of documents and marketing materials in both English and French.
• Effectively and efficiently respond to incoming telephone calls as our initial telephone resource to customers' queries. Customers include applicants, existing insureds, HR Benefit Administrators of employer groups, policyholders, brokers, third party administrators and consultants.
• Be the initial telephone resource for French queries and over the phone applications for the Kids Plus accident insurance product.
• Resolve client complaints by investigating client history against any contractual provisions and or billing history and determining appropriate course of action to rectify/respond.
• Determine which queries/issues/complaints should be referred to the Senior Client Specialist or Manager and follow through on any agreed upon action to ensure excellent customer service is provided.
• For all product lines such as Term Life, Critical Ilness, AD&D, Office Overhead, LTD, Extended Health and Dental insurance, and Kids Plus accident insurance, increase promotional effectiveness for the launch of new products, acquision of new groups and execution of Direct Marketing Campaigns by delivering personalized client assistance in response to marketing efforts with a focus on business acquisition and retention.
• Send application and change request forms to clients as needed; these forms are usually emailed to clients
• Process beneficiary changes, coverage reduction requests and termination requests in accordance to contractual requirements.
• Track clients new addresses for any Returned Mail
• Mail Certificates to clients following coverage changes along with letters of explanation.
• Provide written responses to client emails/ written queries
TRANSLATION AND REVIEW
• Translate documents /emails received in French into English (where required)
• Review Marketing communication (website content, pamphlets, brochures, applications, etc. ) that are in French to ensure accuracy.
• Post-secondary education
• 4 – 5 years industry-related experience or in high volume customer service environment
• Excellent communication skills in French and English, both written and verbal
• Excellent customer service skills; experience working in Sales and or call centre environment (preferably in insurance sector) would be an asset
• Good self -management, organizational and multi-tasking skills
• Good decision making and problem solving skills
• Sense of urgency
• Good conflict resolution, negotiation and problem-solving skills
• Strong team player and willing to work well with co-workers under pressure
• Basic PC skills including MS Office: Word, Excel, Outlook; web-based applications as well as programs used within the department such as CLASS, AMS, and SADE
• Detailed knowledge of group insurance benefits and marketplace including contractual provisions, administrative requirements, industry requirements, etc.
• Knowledge of all Special Markets Solutions products (can be gained on the job)
• Ability to identify process improvements
• Bilingual (French and English)
iA Financial Group is committed to having an equal access employment program and welcomes applications from women, visible minorities, Aboriginal peoples and disabled persons. Any use of the masculine form is to simplify the text and includes the feminine form.
Also, we are committed to fostering a workplace that promotes diversity and inclusion. We can provide accommodation in our recruitment and selection processes to applicants with disabilities where required. Please contact your Recruiter, or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.