Investment Banking Analyst
- Employer: IA Securities Inc.
- Office: Suite 1500, 505 – 3rd Street SW
- City: Calgary
- Province: Alberta
- Job category: Not Evaluated (Job Family)
- Job ID: JR10003252
- Job type: Permanent Job Full time
iA Financial Group is the fourth largest life and health insurance company in Canada and offers a wide range of products for all stages of life and to meet the needs of clients across its vast sales network. Founded in 1892, iA Financial Group’s stability and solidity make it an employer of choice that invests in its employees and their development over the long term.
With operations across Canada and in the United States, iA Financial Group and its over 5,000 employees work hard every day to offer the best service to over four million clients.
The Capital Markets team at Industrial Alliance Securities Inc. (“iAS”) is looking to hire an investment banking analyst to join the Investment Banking team in its Calgary office, focused on our Energy & Infrastructure franchise.
Overview of Industrial Alliance Securities: iAS is a full-service, fully-integrated investment dealer with a substantial national retail distribution platform. As the fastest growing independent investment dealer in Canada, iAS is committed to adding high calibre talent to its Capital Markets team. This team currently consists of approximately 40 professionals located in offices in Toronto, Montreal and Calgary. The Capital Markets team at iAS has demonstrated considerable momentum over the last few years, experiencing significant growth in its underwriting and advisory businesses.
Qualifications and Experience: The investment banking analyst position at iAS will appeal to highly motivated individuals that are interested in pursuing an investment banking career in an entrepreneurial and high-energy environment. Our lean and flat team structure will provide exposure to a significant and wide variety of projects. We are seeking candidates who have demonstrated outstanding academic performance with a willingness to work against tight deadlines and perform under pressure. Candidates should have excellent numerical and analytical abilities, advanced oral and written communication skills, well-developed computer skills, as well as a positive, enthusiastic and co-operative attitude. iAS offers exceptional opportunities to learn and contribute in a co-operative team environment that highly rewards professional excellence and individual initiative.
- Actively participate in a wide variety of transactions headed by senior members of the Investment Banking team
- Prepare materials and presentations to clients with respect to the raising of capital from the public and private capital markets, merger and acquisition opportunities and other capital markets topics
- Complete detailed financial models and analysis
- Participate in due diligence sessions
- Perform extensive research and database work
- Opportunities to attend meetings with clients alongside senior staff
- Wide range of other analytical tasks as required
- Completion of a Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics or Engineering required with a track record of outstanding academic performance
- Experience in investment banking, equity research, capital markets and/or oil and natural gas related work experience is considered an asset
- Knowledge of corporate finance, accounting and financial modeling and of key themes impacting the capital markets
- Excellent numerical and analytical abilities, and strong attention to detail
- A positive, enthusiastic and co-operative attitude
- Advanced spoken and written English skills and exceptional team attitude
- Completion of, or enrollment as a CFA candidate is considered an asset
iA Financial Group is committed to having an equal access employment program and welcomes applications from women, visible minorities, Aboriginal peoples and disabled persons. Any use of the masculine form is to simplify the text and includes the feminine form.
Also, we are committed to fostering a workplace that promotes diversity and inclusion. We can provide accommodation in our recruitment and selection processes to applicants with disabilities where required. Please contact your Recruiter, or send an email to email@example.com.