Service Desk Technician 2
- Employer: iA Financial Group
- Office: 400-988 Broadway West
- City: Vancouver
- Province: British Columbia
- Job category: Information Technology
- Job ID: JR10003163
- Job type: Permanent Job Full time
iA Financial Group is the fourth largest life and health insurance company in Canada and offers a wide range of products for all stages of life and to meet the needs of clients across its vast sales network. Founded in 1892, iA Financial Group’s stability and solidity make it an employer of choice that invests in its employees and their development over the long term.
With operations across Canada and in the United States, iA Financial Group and its over 5,000 employees work hard every day to offer the best service to over four million clients.
Our Information Services Division is seeking an experienced Service Desk Technician to provide 2nd level Helpdesk support, based out of our Vancouver head office.
Reporting to the Manager, IT Services, you’ll be responsible for:
- Log all support calls received over the phone, email or walk up in the ticketing system
- Take ownership of issues and ensure customer satisfaction.
- Keep client informed of the status of their incident or request.
- Provide support and guidance to end users in the use of IA’s PC and telecommunication services.
- Diagnose and resolve escalated incidents within SLA and document resolution in ticketing tool.
- Install, maintain and support PC hardware, software and peripherals according to IA standards and guidelines.
- Maintain corporate software and hardware inventory and asset registry.
- Log into phone queue as required.
- Escalate more complex problems to 3rd Level support for advanced solutions
- Work with system administrators and/or vendors and service providers to diagnose and resolve user problems related to the use of PC and printing services
- Make recommendations to improve operational efficiencies and increase client satisfaction.
- Complete all add, move and change requests for end-user PCs and peripherals.
- Arrange for repair of equipment under warranty. May repair or arrange scheduling for repair of out-of warranty equipment.
Identity and Access Management
- Responsible for provisioning, changing, deactivating, and deleting of system accesses in accordance with established service levels.
- Select the appropriate procedure, execute it with accuracy, and validate results.
- Investigate and troubleshoot access related issues in a timely manner.
- Review, update and maintain documented procedures related to IAM responsibilities.
Other Duties as assigned
- Provide after-hours support on weekends and holidays on rotational basis.
- Liaise with external vendors and suppliers
- Liaise with colleagues in other IA Group offices, e.g. Quebec, Toronto, Montreal, Scottsdale
- Occasionally travel to regional offices supported from Vancouver, e.g. Brossard, Calgary
- Work with colleagues to meet project target dates and ensure even distribution of workload
- Remains informed of new developments and Industry standards. In consultation with vendors and service provides, brings recommendations for improvements to the attention of the management team.
Our ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- High School with 3 years of post secondary education
- Relevant Technical Diploma Program or equivalent training
- 4-5 years of Help Desk Support experience preferably in a client /server environment with >100 users
- Good knowledge of and experience with PC hardware and peripherals, Microsoft Windows 7 & 10 Operating Systems, Microsoft Office 365, Adobe and McAfee Antivirus software products
- Working knowledge and experience with Microsoft SCCM 2017 software distribution and inventory management processes and console
- Working knowledge of voice and data communication concepts
- Working knowledge of Cisco IP phone systems, voicemail/messaging and automatic call distribution Services
- Knowledge of the ITIL process
- Experience working with vendors and service providers.
What We Can Offer You
- Brand new state of the art, transit accessible building with access to fully equipped gym
- Employer subsidized meals
- Transit Subsidy program
- 35 hour work week
- Casual work environment including a casual dress code
- Fun social activities
- Comprehensive health and dental plan including a health spending account and wellness account
- Defined Benefit Pension Plan
- An annual bonus
- Generous vacation entitlement including personal leave days
- Support for learning and development and career growth
iA Financial Group is committed to having an equal access employment program and welcomes applications from women, visible minorities, Aboriginal peoples and disabled persons. Any use of the masculine form is to simplify the text and includes the feminine form.
Also, we are committed to fostering a workplace that promotes diversity and inclusion. We can provide accommodation in our recruitment and selection processes to applicants with disabilities where required. Please contact your Recruiter, or send an email to email@example.com.