Customer Service Specialist
- Employer: iA Financial Group
- Office: 400-988 Broadway West
- City: Vancouver
- Province: British Columbia
- Job category: Customer Service and Administrative Support
- Job ID: JR10003106
- Job type: Permanent Job Full time
iA Financial Group is the fourth largest life and health insurance company in Canada and offers a wide range of products for all stages of life and to meet the needs of clients across its vast sales network. Founded in 1892, iA Financial Group’s stability and solidity make it an employer of choice that invests in its employees and their development over the long term.
With operations across Canada and in the United States, iA Financial Group and its over 5,000 employees work hard every day to offer the best service to over four million clients.
Is this your next challenge?
Are you someone who is motivated by providing excellent customer service and driven by finding solutions to problems? Do you enjoy developing strong working partnerships? We have an exciting opportunity for client focused administrator to join our close-knit team as a Client Service Specialist.
This role would be working within our Warranty Administration team and they would be responsible for communicating with clients on their outcomes and account for the activities associated with the warranties.
This role is an excellent opportunity if you are someone who thrives in a collaborative, team-centered environment. We invite you to apply and grow your career with a company that is invested in the development of our employees.
Your Roles and Responsibilities:
- New Business Data Entry - verify that the correct product was sold and the premiums were calculated correctly on paper applications. Where errors have been made or information is incomplete, follow up with the appropriate dealer/sales representative to resolve the issue.
- Generate correspondence to insured’s and/or dealers when coverage needs to be confirmed.
- Process Voids and Activations of accounts
- As the primary contact for external clients, handle/advise on telephone and written inquiries from a variety of different types of customers pertaining to the administration and marketing of new/existing warranty products and processes; and handle a variety of administrative issues.
- Support the national sales team in the administration and marketing of warranty products.
- Processing outstanding cancellation requests received from finance sources, insured’s and/or producers.
- Following up by telephone and/or written correspondence when required documentation has not been received.
- When completing the request, determining the payee(s) of the refund based upon the information received and current business practices.
- Ensure that all transfer requirements are met
- Process transfer and maintain the transfer folder
- Send welcome letter and card to customers when required
- Post secondary education diploma or degree in business administration, preferred
- 1 year related work experience either in an office administration or a customer service environment, preferred
- General accounting/bookkeeping experience would be an asset.
- Fast and highly accurate data entry skills. [Data entry (alpha-numeric): minimum 6,000 cph; Typing: minimum 50 wpm]
- Strong business math and/or basic accounting skills.
- Customer service and conflict management skill.
- Intermediate to Advanced Skills in MS Excel, Access and Word.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Ability to work well under pressure and with limited supervision amidst changing/conflicting priorities and set deadlines.
- Self-motivated with a high level of attention to detail.
- Knowledge of warranty administration and claims would be an asset
- Fully bilingual in French and English would be a huge asset
What We Can Offer You
- Brand new state of the art, transit accessible building with access to fully equipped gym
- Employer subsidized meals
- Transit Subsidy program
- 35 hour work week
- Casual work environment including a casual dress code
- Fun social activities
- Comprehensive health and dental plan including a health spending account and wellness account
- Defined Benefit Pension Plan
- An annual bonus
- Generous vacation entitlement including personal leave days
- Support for learning and development and career growth
iA Financial Group is committed to having an equal access employment program and welcomes applications from women, visible minorities, Aboriginal peoples and disabled persons. Any use of the masculine form is to simplify the text and includes the feminine form.
Also, we are committed to fostering a workplace that promotes diversity and inclusion. We can provide accommodation in our recruitment and selection processes to applicants with disabilities where required. Please contact your Recruiter, or send an email to email@example.com.