Recreational Products & Automotive Sales Representative, Edmonton
- Employer: IA Financial Services Inc.
- Office: 840-4445, Calgary Trail Southbound
- City: Edmonton
- Province: Alberta
- Job category: Sales and business development
- Job ID: JR1000268
- Job type: Permanent Job Full time
iA Financial Group is the fourth largest life and health insurance company in Canada and offers a wide range of products for all stages of life and to meet the needs of clients across its vast sales network. Founded in 1892, iA Financial Group’s stability and solidity make it an employer of choice that invests in its employees and their development over the long term.
With operations across Canada and in the United States, iA Financial Group and its over 5,000 employees work hard every day to offer the best service to over four million clients.
PURPOSE AND ACCOUNTABILITY
The incumbent reports to the regional sales manager for our Alberta region and is based out of our Edmonton office. The incumbent is responsible for the development, maintenance and administration of group creditor insurance products (extended warranties, chemical and etching and ancillary products) to a designated group of dealerships; Motorcycle, ATV, Snowmobile, Marine, RV and Used Auto.
Our Dealer Service Division develops and markets various group creditor insurance programs through Automotive, Motorcycle, ATV, Snowmobile, Marine, RV and Used Auto Dealers. The primary product is loan protection insurance for purchasers of cars (when financed) in the case of sickness, accident and or loss of life (SAL). In addition, the division is accountable for the profitable sales of warranty products which provide extended warranties on all product lines.
What will I be doing?
You’ll be responsible for developing and maintaining, an existing portfolio of business within the territory – Northern, Central and occasionally Southern Alberta. We’ll expect you to promote and increase penetration of our insurance products within the territory by conducting sales meetings with dealership personnel and help them to increase the penetration of our products. You’ll also liaise with a group of brokering institutions within our territory that partner with a large portion of our accounts, to promote good inter-company relationships.
This role will require a significant amount of travel. It will be normal for you to spend 5 to 8 nights away from Edmonton, each month.
• high school graduate, university degree – with a emphasis in marketing – would be an asset
• 3+ years of sales and/or finance related experience, in the Automotive or Recreational Products (Motorcycle, ATV, Snowmobile, Marine, RV) Industry
• knowledge of group creditor insurance products
• extensive knowledge of financing plans and effective sales techniques to assist dealerships in maximizing their potential
• proven track record of success in dealing with adversity, changing markets and new competitors while still achieving production goals
• exceptional communication skills
• dynamic and adaptable to market changes
• competent using MS Office suite applications
iA Financial Group is committed to having an equal access employment program and welcomes applications from women, visible minorities, Aboriginal peoples and disabled persons. Any use of the masculine form is to simplify the text and includes the feminine form.
Also, we are committed to fostering a workplace that promotes diversity and inclusion. We can provide accommodation in our recruitment and selection processes to applicants with disabilities where required. Please contact your Recruiter, or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.