Digital Product Manager
- Employer: IA Securities Inc.
- Office: 26 Wellington Street East
- City: Toronto
- Province: Ontario
- Job category: Information Technology
- Job ID: JR10002563
- Job type: Permanent Job Full time
iA Financial Group is the fourth largest life and health insurance company in Canada and offers a wide range of products for all stages of life and to meet the needs of clients across its vast sales network. Founded in 1892, iA Financial Group’s stability and solidity make it an employer of choice that invests in its employees and their development over the long term.
With operations across Canada and in the United States, iA Financial Group and its over 5,000 employees work hard every day to offer the best service to over four million clients.
The Projects and Infrastructure team is accountable for the management and successful delivery of all iA Securities strategic business initiatives and core business systems, including the development of Fintech platforms.
The Digital Product Manager will work closely with the Director and will take ownership for the quality and successful delivery/management of critical business initiatives and systems (both technology-related and non-technology-related). The Digital Product Manager will lead the design and/or modification of business systems, and will interact with the business stakeholders and subject matter experts in order to understand their problems and needs. The Digital Product Manager will gather, document, and analyze business needs and requirements for development, as well as leading testing and confirmation efforts. The Digital Product Manager will also follow accepted project management principles to control and monitor progress, as well as prepare management and executive updates required for governance and decision-making.
- Own and be accountable for the quality and successful delivery of critical business initiatives and systems (both technology-related and non-technology-related)
- Assist with all aspects of successful project delivery, from inception, through execution, to completion and audit
- Lead a cross-functional team of subject matter experts and developers (both internal and external) to successful project outcomes
- Maintain a strong understanding of the needs and requirements of the client/end-user, including dependencies, risks and issues
- Advocate for the ‘voice of the client’, alignment with strategy and the benefits/goals outlined in the business case
- Develop and maintain a strong understanding of the project ecosystem, including interaction with systems, interfacing teams, workflow dependencies, etc.
- Work with, and manage day-to-day relationship and delivery from key vendors in accordance with organizational guidelines, escalating to Director as required
- Work closely with the Director and key stakeholders to develop and document functional and non-functional requirements for critical business systems / initiatives for consumption by both technical and non-technical teams
- Determine operational objectives by studying business functions; gathering information; evaluating output requirements and formats
- Assist business stakeholders with the development of business cases for project evaluation
- Construct and maintain workflow charts and diagrams; studying system capabilities; writing specifications
- Recommend controls by identifying problems; writing improved procedures
- Develop testing strategy and test cases for quality assurance and execute/coordinate testing with end users prior to implementation
- Identify project milestones, phases and elements for project management team
- Monitor project progress by tracking activity; publishing progress reports; recommending actions and leading delivery against tight timelines
- Budget definition, monitoring, tracking and reporting
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Conduct financial, product, market, operational and related research to support strategic and business initiatives
Qualifications and Skills:
- Results orientated and demonstrates accountability
- A strong understanding and track record of project delivery methodologies (agile, waterfall, hybrid) and best practices (including project management, business analysis and testing)
- Budget management experience
- Possesses initiative; a self-starter with a history of strong performance
- Has excellent time and capacity management skills
- Can handle multiple complex projects simultaneously
- Calm under pressure with strong leadership qualities
- Superior communication and facilitation skills
- Robust presentation, documentation and analysis experience
- Works well with team and as a sole contributor
- Superior problem solving and critical thinking
- Fast progression on learning curve
- Advance business acumen
- Strong understanding of investment industry
- Qualifications and/or experience in Business and Finance essential (IIROC an asset)
- MBA or management consulting experience considered an asset
iA Financial Group is committed to having an equal access employment program and welcomes applications from women, visible minorities, Aboriginal peoples and disabled persons. Any use of the masculine form is to simplify the text and includes the feminine form.
Also, we are committed to fostering a workplace that promotes diversity and inclusion. We can provide accommodation in our recruitment and selection processes to applicants with disabilities where required. Please contact your Recruiter, or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.