Senior Branch Manager
- Employer: IA Securities Inc.
- Office: 900-26 Wellington Street East
- City: Toronto
- Province: Ontario
- Job category: Not Evaluated
- Job ID: JR10002561
- Job type: Permanent Job Full time
iA Financial Group is the fourth largest life and health insurance company in Canada and offers a wide range of products for all stages of life and to meet the needs of clients across its vast sales network. Founded in 1892, iA Financial Group’s stability and solidity make it an employer of choice that invests in its employees and their development over the long term.
With operations across Canada and in the United States, iA Financial Group and its over 5,000 employees work hard every day to offer the best service to over four million clients.
Do you want to work for an established and growing Canadian company in our Quebec City, Montreal or Toronto offices, or in one of the service points in our extensive Canada-wide network?
iA Securities (iAS) is a brokerage firm which offers equities, bonds and pooled investment funds to institutional and retail clients.
Our network of investment advisors supports and guides clients in their investment decisions. We also offer securities trading consulting and research services with respect to capital markets and institutional financing.
A member of iA Financial Group, iAS is led by an experienced team, driven by a desire to serve our clients with professionalism while conducting business in accordance with the highest industry standards.
Reporting to the Vice President, National Business Supervision, the Senior Branch Manager role is to minimize regulatory and reputational risk to iAS by leading the supervisory and advisory service activities of a team of Branch Manager’s. Some travel may be required. Additional responsibilities include:
1. Collaborate with the business and Retail Compliance, develop policies, procedures and systems in support of regulatory compliance by:
- Sustaining a strong level of knowledge regarding current and future regulations, legislation, trends and best practices.
- Reference source regarding regulatory changes and retail compliance matters, participating in the interpretation of new and existing regulations with Retail Compliance.
- Evaluating and reviewing compliance and regulatory changes that will impact or involve the iAS Advisors.
- Developing and implementing the appropriate policy and procedural changes a required by new compliance requirements and/or industry practice.
- Ensuring a consistent application of policies across the country and testing standards of practice to ensure they are being upheld.
- Identifying gaps in the existing compliance program and participating in the development, maintenance and implementation of changes to the firm’s compliance policies and procedures.
2. Lead a team of Branch Managers and Branch Administrators in the development, maintenance and implementation of changes to the firm’s compliance policies and procedures.
- Ensuring the Branch Managers meet its tier one supervisory compliance activities in accordance with regulatory requirements, in particular those established by the provincial securities regulators and Self Regulatory Organizations (SROs), including the Investment Industry Regulatory Organization of Canada (IIROC) as well as internal policies and procedures.
- Ensuring Branch Managers and Branch Administrators are adequately trained to be the subject specialists on retail compliance related matters.
- Ensuring Branch Managers are pro-actively identifying actual and potential violations of regulatory requirements, internal policies and procedures or other risk situations at an early stage; conducting appropriate inquiries and investigations in relation to any such situation and ensuring that appropriate corrective actions and/or risk mitigation actions are implemented.
- Ensuring team members are maintaining evidence and reporting of supervisory reviews and approvals within policy deadlines.
- Directing the planning and execution of on-site branch reviews on an annual basis in accordance with the firm’s policies and procedures.
- Co-ordinating escalated approvals/decisions by the team with Retail Compliance to ensure they are dealt with in a timely and consistent manner.
- Co-ordinating specific purpose compliance reviews and investigations as prompted by events such as client complaints, regulatory investigation, etc.
- Communicating regulatory and compliance changes to the field and all other business line stakeholders.
- Develop and deliver ongoing compliance and related risk management training, education and awareness initiatives to the BM team and to Advisors.
3. Act as the key point of contact in the business for reporting, investigating and resolution of compliance issues and violations by:
- Developing and providing regular reporting to key stakeholders, including business line leaders and Retail Compliance.
- Identifying patterns and ongoing concerns to be addressed through training and/or disciplinary measures.
- Reporting the discovery of irregular activity, the receipt of complaints alleging serious misconduct, the commencement of legal action and all material dealings with any Regulatory to Retail Compliance and the Vice President, National Business Supervision.
- University degree or equivalent post-secondary education.
- 5+ years of experience in the financial services industry, with some branch and sales management experience.
- Completion of the Canadian Securities Course (CSC).
- Completion of the Branch Managers Course, Effective Management Seminar.
- Completion of the Conduct and Practices Handbook (CPH).
- Options License.
- Securities License.
- Must be able to be licenced as a Supervisor or Registered Representative (RR Supervisor).
- Ability to understand, analyze and interpret Regulatory legislation.
- Excellent problem solving, organizational and communication skills.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
iA Financial Group is committed to having an equal access employment program and welcomes applications from women, visible minorities, Aboriginal peoples and disabled persons. Any use of the masculine form is to simplify the text and includes the feminine form.
Also, we are committed to fostering a workplace that promotes diversity and inclusion. We can provide accommodation in our recruitment and selection processes to applicants with disabilities where required. Please contact your Recruiter, or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.