Internal Auditor, Wealth Management
- Employer: iA Financial Group
- Office: 522, University Avenue
- City: Toronto
- Province: Ontario
- Job category: Business Administration, Finance and Accounting
- Job ID: JR10002538
- Job type: Permanent Job Full time
iA Financial Group is the fourth largest life and health insurance company in Canada and offers a wide range of products for all stages of life and to meet the needs of clients across its vast sales network. Founded in 1892, iA Financial Group’s stability and solidity make it an employer of choice that invests in its employees and their development over the long term.
With operations across Canada and in the United States, iA Financial Group and its over 5,000 employees work hard every day to offer the best service to over four million clients.
Launch your career in a new direction and join the innovative iA Financial Group Internal Audit team! Work in a dynamic environment where you will contribute at optimizing the operational and strategic alignment of the company with the objective of maximizing client satisfaction.
Internal Audit Services has an open position for an internal auditor specialized in insurance and investments. This person will be primarily contributing to audit engagements within the Wealth Management sector of iA Financial Group. This position is based in downtown Toronto.
Specifically, you will:
- Contribute to audit engagements as part of a team ;
- Determine and follow project milestones with the engagement team and management ;
- Identify and assess risks, determine audit procedures ;
- Conduct analyses and test the effectiveness of internal controls ;
- Prepare the communication of audit results to management and the Board of Directors.
You will also get to work on process improvement activities in a Lean Management environment.
We are seeking the following skills and abilities:
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment ;
- Good communication and listening skills ;
- Analytical skills in complex contexts ;
- Ability to see the big picture and explain concepts in a simple manner ;
- Planning and work prioritazion skills ;
- Ability to question methods and welcome changes in a positive way.
- Bachelor of Business administration or another related field ;
- Minimum of four (4) years of relevant experience.
The following qualifications are a plus :
- Experience in the financial services industry ;
- Engagement in obtaining a professional designation or course related to insurance or investments such as:
- ALMI or FLMI (LOMA)
- Canadian Securities Course (CSC)
- Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA)
- Commitment to obtain the Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) designation within 24 months
This position requires travel up to 15% of the time.
iA Financial Group is committed to having an equal access employment program and welcomes applications from women, visible minorities, Aboriginal peoples and disabled persons. Any use of the masculine form is to simplify the text and includes the feminine form.
Also, we are committed to fostering a workplace that promotes diversity and inclusion. We can provide accommodation in our recruitment and selection processes to applicants with disabilities where required. Please contact your Recruiter, or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.