Senior Real Estate Administrator - Commercial Leases (One Year Contract)
- Employer: iA Financial Group
- Office: 1910 - 1188 West Georgia Street
- City: Vancouver
- Province: British Columbia
- Job category: Customer Service and Administrative Support
- Job ID: JR10002477
- Job type: Temporary Job Full time
iA Financial Group is the fourth largest life and health insurance company in Canada and offers a wide range of products for all stages of life and to meet the needs of clients across its vast sales network. Founded in 1892, iA Financial Group’s stability and solidity make it an employer of choice that invests in its employees and their development over the long term.
With operations across Canada and in the United States, iA Financial Group and its over 5,000 employees work hard every day to offer the best service to over four million clients.
Purpose and Accountability
Reporting to the Real Estate Asset Manager. This position will support the Real Estate Asset Manager in the administration of IA’s Real Estate portfolio for Western Canada and the US as well as in the administration of IA’s regional offices.
This role is a great opportunity for a candidate to get exposure working on a vast Real Estate Portfolio, and gain knowledge on more complex cases. This would be a one year contract for a Maternity Leave coverage.
Real Estate Administration
- Final review of Lease Agreements, Renewals, and Assignments ensuring terms of offers and lease negotiations have been incorporated into the Agreements. Corresponds with external and internal paralegals/counsel
- Updating reports: Tenant Scheduling, Monthly and Quarterly Leasing Activities, and Property Assessments and Taxes.
- Reviewing legal, leasing and property management invoices to ensure they are correct and then submit for payment
- Gathering and reviewing information for Tenant Improvement Allowance,
communicates with property manager’s assistants, leasing agent’s administrators, external paralegals, acting as a resource and providing information.
- Administration support for property and tenant related issues – collecting, reviewing, or verifying tenant/property related information for property/tenant issues. Independently resolve issues as they arise.
- Data entry for capital projects ; recording funding requests, progression of projects
- Review, analyze, and recommend Lease Offers. Compile relevant market information to support effective recommendation
Regional Offices Administration
- Draft and prepare letters to subtenants for late payments, and rental payment changes etc.
- Corresponding with subtenants regarding late payments
General Administration Duties
- General filing
- File Management: Organizing and maintain property and tenant files
- Supports other internal personnel with required
- Bachelor degree preferred
- Effective verbal and in written communication skills.
- Ability to communicate professionally with individuals who work at all levels of various organizations.
- Proven proficiency in windows-based software applications, including Word and Excel.
- Proactively complete projects with little or no direction,
- Highly organized with the ability to effectively handle multiple files at once,
- Ability to proofread highly detailed documents and make appropriate recommendations for revisions or actions
- The ability to work accurately and efficiently with minimum supervision.
- Excels when working as part of a large team of internal and external stakeholders.
iA Financial Group is committed to having an equal access employment program and welcomes applications from women, visible minorities, Aboriginal peoples and disabled persons. Any use of the masculine form is to simplify the text and includes the feminine form.
Also, we are committed to fostering a workplace that promotes diversity and inclusion. We can provide accommodation in our recruitment and selection processes to applicants with disabilities where required. Please contact your Recruiter, or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.