Customer Service Representative
- Employer: iA Financial Group
- Office: 400-988 Broadway West
- City: Vancouver
- Province: British Columbia
- Job category: Customer Service and Administrative Support
- Job ID: JR10002382
- Job type: Permanent Job Full time
iA Financial Group is the fourth largest life and health insurance company in Canada and offers a wide range of products for all stages of life and to meet the needs of clients across its vast sales network. Founded in 1892, iA Financial Group’s stability and solidity make it an employer of choice that invests in its employees and their development over the long term.
With operations across Canada and in the United States, iA Financial Group and its over 5,000 employees work hard every day to offer the best service to over four million clients.
You have a passion for customer service and looking for a challenging career in the life insurance field? This post is perhaps for you!
Under the guidance of the team leader the CRS is a frontline representative for the individual insurance division whose quality of work has a direct impact on delivering the iA Client Experience. Excellent verbal and written communication skills along with attention to detail are a must to ensure our clients are well served. Demonstrates good time management (ability to maintain a structured schedule) and works well under pressure with daily deadlines. Exhibits a positive and constructive attitude, high energy, and is highly self-motivated. Brings to life the iA values of teamwork, high performance, continuous improvement, respect for individuals, and service oriented.
The primary responsibilities are:
• Responding to the needs, and meeting the expectations, of our clients and distribution partners by providing information, giving explanations, solving problems and resolving complaints with full understanding of our products and administrative procedures. Processing transactions such as beneficiary changes, cash deposits, and billing updates.
• The enquiries received in person, by phone, by email or letter, are varied and may include questions about procedures, products, banking transactions, tracking of current application, and the tax and legal aspects in a setting where the products are becoming increasingly complex.
• Reviewing and correctly analyzing transactions made on contracts in response to inquiries. Must have the ability to recognize processing errors, and take corrective steps, negotiating mutually satisfactory solutions, while respecting company guidelines.
• Making decisions to facilitate the client’s request- such as, escalating issues, waiving administration fees when appropriate, approving exceptions to certain processes.
• Supporting the division by contacting clients without representative, or to clarify requests that are unclear or cannot be processed. A thorough explanation must be provided to the recipient to advise why we cannot proceed and what steps must be taken – missing information etc- to allow us to proceed.
• Identifying rules and procedures that require updating and suggesting improvements to simplify processes and gain efficiencies.
• Sharing knowledge to support the team in improving productivity.
• General college degree/diploma and 1 year relevant office or administrative experience;
• Loma courses 1 & 2 already attained or willingness to attain on the job within the first year of service
• Knowledge of life insurance highly desired
• Bilingual (French/English) preferred
iA Financial Group is committed to having an equal access employment program and welcomes applications from women, visible minorities, Aboriginal peoples and disabled persons. Any use of the masculine form is to simplify the text and includes the feminine form.
Also, we are committed to fostering a workplace that promotes diversity and inclusion. We can provide accommodation in our recruitment and selection processes to applicants with disabilities where required. Please contact your Recruiter, or send an email to email@example.com.