Director, Business Initiatives & Digital Infrastructure
- Employer: IA Securities Inc.
- Office: 26 Wellington Street East
- City: Toronto
- Province: Ontario
- Job category: Information Technology
- Job ID: JR10002233
- Job type: Permanent Job Full time
iA Financial Group is the fourth largest life and health insurance company in Canada and offers a wide range of products for all stages of life and to meet the needs of clients across its vast sales network. Founded in 1892, iA Financial Group’s stability and solidity make it an employer of choice that invests in its employees and their development over the long term.
With operations across Canada and in the United States, iA Financial Group and its over 5,000 employees work hard every day to offer the best service to over four million clients.
Reporting to the Vice President, Projects and Infrastructure, the Director, Business Initiatives & Digital Infrastructure will work closely with executive management to align digital product strategy and priorities with overall business strategic direction and ensure that the initiatives align with the firm’s priorities and risk appetite.
• Explore and assess new technologies that enhance advisor and client experiences, introduce business efficiencies and strengthen risk management
• Will form part of the executive team defining business problem assessment and solution design
• Develop roadmap for each system and ensure vendor roadmaps are aligned; ensure roadmaps across digital products are aligned and integrated where co-dependencies exist
• Lead the team, business stakeholders and vendors to design business requirements, and coordinate development, quality assurance and implementation for wealth systems including (but not limited to) digital advisory, business analytics, compliance, finance, fee-based and book of record systems
• Accountable to lead critical business initiatives that may also have little or no technology element, including strategic planning, process optimization and risk management initiatives
• Oversee Digital Product Managers to develop best practice methodologies for:
o Digital product management and roadmap design (full lifecycle)
o Project management and execution
o Robust quality assurance
o Vendor management
o Resource and budget management
• Implement a stage gate product development process; maintain discipline
• Work with stakeholders to prioritize development priorities in both Agile and Waterfall projects
• Work with VP and other Directors to plan resource assignments across priority initiatives
• Implement a governance framework; ensure that senior executives and steering committees are well-informed and engaged appropriately when key decisions or actions required
• Work with Communications Department to develop executive and advisor communications related to initiatives and digital product evolution
• Form strong relationships with advisors and their teams, involving focus groups in digital product design as well as change management planning and execution
• Implement vendor relationship management model and ensure that vendors are meeting expectations and providing value for money
• Maintain a focus on excellent advisor and client experiences as well as process optimization as key drivers and outcomes of each product development initiative
• Identify opportunities to collaborate with and leverage the capabilities of partners across iA Wealth and iA Financial Group to leverage solutions and maximum business opportunities across the enterprise
• Work with partners to identify any operational or other challenges that may negatively affect the outcome of an initiative or digital product implementation and develop plans to address those challenges.
• Provide leadership and mentorship to a team of Digital Product Managers and support analysts
• Refine team’s mandate and structure to account for changing business and advisor needs
• Define annual performance objectives for team members
• Attract, develop and retain key talent to develop a high-performance team.
• Lead team members through change with particular attention to engagement and morale
• Hold team members to high performance standards while leading by example
• Ensure that Digital Product Managers are managing their products and initiatives effectively and within time and resource constraints
• Ensure that Digital Product Managers have effectively managed QA process prior to roll-out of any system or system enhancements
• Minimum 10 years of experience in the wealth management industry
• Strong understanding of wealth business
• Proven history of delivering positive, impactful business results; developing business cases and either meeting or exceeding expected results
• At least 5 years product development and/or product management (digital, investment or other) experience
• Excellent relationship building/management skills
• Excellent ability to lead a team and work under pressure
• Superior problem solving
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Impactful executive-level communication (oral, written)
• Ability to influence and build consensus among leaders
• Proven ability to attract superior talent, develop team members and retain them
• Demonstrated strong sense of accountability and strong performance
• Possess initiative; a self-starter
• Excellent judgement
• Results oriented
• Can handle multiple complex initiatives simultaneously
• Calm under pressure
• Fast progression on learning curve
• Business degree; MBA desirable
• Bilingual (French) is an asset
• Standard office environment
• Non-standard work hours, fast-paced environment
• Some travel will be required
iA Financial Group is committed to having an equal access employment program and welcomes applications from women, visible minorities, Aboriginal peoples and disabled persons. Any use of the masculine form is to simplify the text and includes the feminine form.
Also, we are committed to fostering a workplace that promotes diversity and inclusion. We can provide accommodation in our recruitment and selection processes to applicants with disabilities where required. Please contact your Recruiter, or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.