Senior Communications Specialist, iA Securities
- Employer: IA Securities Inc.
- Office: 900-26 Wellington Street East
- City: Toronto
- Province: Ontario
- Job category: Customer Service and Administrative Support
- Job ID: JR10002104
- Job type: Permanent Job Full time
iA Financial Group is the fourth largest life and health insurance company in Canada and offers a wide range of products for all stages of life and to meet the needs of clients across its vast sales network. Founded in 1892, iA Financial Group’s stability and solidity make it an employer of choice that invests in its employees and their development over the long term.
With operations across Canada and in the United States, iA Financial Group and its over 5,000 employees work hard every day to offer the best service to over four million clients.
Be Invested. In Your Future…
iA Securities is a member of the IA Group of Companies, is a leading Canadian-owned full service securities brokerage firm. Our success is based on the quality of our people, and on the dedication and creativity, they demonstrate daily. We value and reward hard work and innovative thinking.
Reporting to the Director, Communications, Events, the Senior Communications Specialist is responsible for maintaining the highest quality of all French communications and translation services, including advisor & client communications, internal business communications, marketing material and web site content. The successful candidate will require excellent verbal and written communication skills, including advanced knowledge of written French and an excellent understanding of English. The Senior Communications Specialist will be a resource person for French language standards for iA Securities, and uphold a style guide for French usage and terminology.
Specifically, the primary functions are:
- Maintain an overall French communication strategy including the delivery of internal and external communications (print, web, other electronic)
- Translate online and printed materials accurately to maintain tone, style and original meaning.
- Proofread and conduct translation quality control.
- Be a resource person for French language standards for iA Securities, and uphold a style guide for French usage and terminology.
- Be the key point of contact for vendor relationship management and review of French content provided by approved iA Securities French translation service providers in order to ensure accurate and consistent French adaptation is utilized in order to maintain the integrity of the intended message
- Manage cost and invoicing of external translation services.
- Ensure process to obtain regular feedback from stakeholders and incorporate feedback into the content development.
The successful applicant will have a University degree, specializing in French translation; minimum of seven - ten years of experience in French translation and/or copywriting, and/or marketing, within the financial services industry; excellent communication skills in English and French, and advanced written communication skills in French; can write business French as well as compelling French marketing/sales copy; the ability to work both independently and in a team environment within tight timelines; marketing communications experience an asset; Canadian Securities Course an asset.
iA Financial Group is committed to having an equal access employment program and welcomes applications from women, visible minorities, Aboriginal peoples and disabled persons. Any use of the masculine form is to simplify the text and includes the feminine form.
Also, we are committed to fostering a workplace that promotes diversity and inclusion. We can provide accommodation in our recruitment and selection processes to applicants with disabilities where required. Please contact your Recruiter, or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.