Sales Director, Investments
- Employer: IA Financial Services Inc.
- Office: 522, University Avenue 5th floor
- City: Toronto
- Province: Ontario
- Job category: Sales and business development
- Job ID: JR10001832
- Job type: Permanent Job Full time
iA Financial Group is the fourth largest life and health insurance company in Canada and offers a wide range of products for all stages of life and to meet the needs of clients across its vast sales network. Founded in 1892, iA Financial Group’s stability and solidity make it an employer of choice that invests in its employees and their development over the long term.
With operations across Canada and in the United States, iA Financial Group and its over 5,000 employees work hard every day to offer the best service to over four million clients.
The candidate will be responsible for promoting the sale of investment products to our MGA network and their advisors. They will provide training and on-going support to the MGA’s and their offices. The candidate will develop relationships with advisors to continually increase sales in all investment products. The product portfolio will consist of segregated fund investments held in RRSP, TFSA, RRIF, LIRA, LIF, RESP and unregistered funds, including annuities and GIC’s. The candidate will have experience in selling investment products, and positioning them effectively to maximize sales.
Key responsibilities include the development of new relationships within the MGA network/insurance advisor community, a proven track record of strengthening existing relationships with insurance advisors and ensuring that the growth, persistency, and profitability objectives of the assigned territory are consistently achieved. Developing the profile of Industrial Alliance in the region will be an important aspect of this role.
The candidate will:
• Be responsible for the supervision of MGAs and coordinating with the Inside Sales Associate
• Make sales calls to advisors at MGAs to ensure successful sales of IA investment products
• Provide educational training, seminars, presentations and support to MGAs and their advisors to maintain and increase sales
• Suggest and implement measures necessary to ensure quality control of the business sold by agencies
• Review and assess sales targets on a weekly basis to identify opportunities and potential risks
• New business growth, providing after-sale service, renewing and conserving a portfolio of approx. $35 million in group insurance contracts
• Develop and execute a sales strategy (in collaboration with the RVP, Sales, Investment Division) and lead its execution, co-ordinate activities with the Inside Sales Associate, monitor and report results
• Promote the Industrial Alliance brand within the region, identify opportunities to build brand recognition regionally, collaborate with the RVP and the investment team, where appropriate
• Assist with the planning and execution of regional events for insurance advisors
• Comply with corporate business objectives, policies, procedures, practices, etc.
• Propose relationship building activities
• Conduct competitive intelligence by gathering information on competitor products, and activities
• Provide strategic input into product development, administration, and regional client service
• University graduate - Bachelor Degree and 5 to 7 years of relevant experience in insurance industry/ brokerage environment
• Investment experience – knowledge of TFSA, RRSP, RESP, LIRA, RRIF, LIF, Unregistered Accounts
• Knowledge of different investment styles and portfolio design
• Highly developed communications and presentation skills
• Ability to function well in pressure situations, flexibility and diplomacy
• Established relationships in the advisor community (preferred)
• Demonstrated ability to develop new relationships
• Focus on new business development
• Strong analytical skills
• A self-starter who accepts ownership and accountability for results
• Highly motivated
• Flexibility to travel for business opportunities throughout the province
iA Financial Group is committed to having an equal access employment program and welcomes applications from women, visible minorities, Aboriginal peoples and disabled persons. Any use of the masculine form is to simplify the text and includes the feminine form.
Also, we are committed to fostering a workplace that promotes diversity and inclusion. We can provide accommodation in our recruitment and selection processes to applicants with disabilities where required. Please contact your Recruiter, or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.