Inside Sales Associate
- Employer: iA Financial Group
- Office: 400-988 Broadway West
- City: Vancouver
- Province: British Columbia
- Job category: Marketing and Communications
- Job ID: JR10001763
- Job type: Permanent Job Full time
iA Financial Group is the fourth largest life and health insurance company in Canada and offers a wide range of products for all stages of life and to meet the needs of clients across its vast sales network. Founded in 1892, iA Financial Group’s stability and solidity make it an employer of choice that invests in its employees and their development over the long term.
With operations across Canada and in the United States, iA Financial Group and its over 5,000 employees work hard every day to offer the best service to over four million clients.
We’re looking for a marketing associate to help us increase our sales revenues for life insurance products. The Marketing Associate will also help contribute to the overall efficiency of the division’s operations by performing support and administrative functions.
What will I be doing?
You’ll increase sales revenue for our life insurance products by promoting iA Financial Group’s products to life insurance agents and financial planners through their respective agencies. This will mostly involve largely by way of field (out-of-office) training and marketing support. The intention is to educate and motivate agents to support iA with a meaningful volume of life insurance applications.
In addition, you’ll be participating in product development meetings and helping review marketing materials; respond to enquiries – via telephone, email, written correspondence, or in person – and develop campaigns, sales awards and certificates to recognise high performing individuals at our Managing General Agents (MGAs). Training Agents in person or via telephone about using our software, our products and how to complete applications will also be a large part of the role.
What’s it like to work at iA Financial Group?
We’ve been around for a while so we know what it takes to excel in our industry. Our ambition is to become the company that best meets clients’ expectations and to be an employer of choice that offers a rewarding career. Our leadership team works hard to ensure that their team members feel valued, recognised and rewarded for the work they do, but they also want you to have a life outside of our four walls. That’s why we operate on a 35-hour work week and offer generous leave entitlements.
• high school diploma and college marketing diploma
• LOMA designations (ACS, AIAA), CLU, CFP, LLQP or other related qualifications – would be an asset
• 4 – 6 years working in the insurance industry
• exceptional training skills: possessing the ability to lead, teach, coach and motivate
• excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to deal effectively with a wide variety of people – also able to influence and motivate our business partners
• the ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
• highly developed organizational skills with a strong ability to meet tight deadlines. Able to delegate effectively
• detail oriented
• excellent written communication skills
• excellent analytical skills including good mathematical aptitude
• intermediate to advanced skills in MS Office suits applications and the ability to work with mainframe computer systems
• knowledge of Canadian illustration software
iA Financial Group is committed to having an equal access employment program and welcomes applications from women, visible minorities, Aboriginal peoples and disabled persons. Any use of the masculine form is to simplify the text and includes the feminine form.
Also, we are committed to fostering a workplace that promotes diversity and inclusion. We can provide accommodation in our recruitment and selection processes to applicants with disabilities where required. Please contact your Recruiter, or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.