IT Project Manager
- Employer: IA Clarington Inc.
- Office: 522, University Avenue
- City: Toronto
- Province: Ontario
- Job category: Information Technology
- Job ID: JR10001437
- Job type: Permanent Job Full time
iA Financial Group is the fourth largest life and health insurance company in Canada and offers a wide range of products for all stages of life and to meet the needs of clients across its vast sales network. Founded in 1892, iA Financial Group’s stability and solidity make it an employer of choice that invests in its employees and their development over the long term.
With operations across Canada and in the United States, iA Financial Group and its over 5,000 employees work hard every day to offer the best service to over four million clients.
The IT Project Manager will be responsible for end to end project management of technology projects across iA Wealth Subsidiary companies, including:
- Project ideation or initiation
- Work with business units to intake and define scope of initiatives
- High level estimates, timelines and dependencies
- Resource/Staff management
- Work with line managers to complete staffing plans and resource projects
- Manage cross functional teams
- Accommodate competing resource priorities
- Requirements management
- Work with Business lines and BA to ensure accurate requirements’ gathering, gap analyses, testing, validation, data integrity and other deliverables
- Manage stakeholders’ expectations and BA work to ensure adherence to best practices
- Communication management
- Status reporting, professionally analyze and explain issues, project charters, scope statements, etc.
- Stakeholder Management
- Presentations to senior management and Steering committees
- Vendor and procurement management
- Liaise with Vendors, create RFP/RFQ documents
- Ensure vendor deliverables align with iA work packages
- Testing and Quality Assurance management
- Manage testing cycles and processes: QA, Unit, UAT, Regression, etc.
- Plan and execute migrations/implementation go-live periods
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field
- Preference to PMP designation holders
- 5+ years’ experience as an IT professional (PM or BA leading projects)
- In-depth knowledge of Software development life-cycle, PM knowledge areas, BA and testing/QA best practices
- Some familiarity with information technology tools/platforms/practices, such as: VMWare, computer networks, programming languages, data migrations/conversions, source code management and deployment.
- Knowledge of the financial services sector is beneficial (IFIC/CSC courses, etc.)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Able to clearly communicate technical concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences
iA Financial Group is committed to having an equal access employment program and welcomes applications from women, visible minorities, Aboriginal peoples and disabled persons. Any use of the masculine form is to simplify the text and includes the feminine form.
Also, we are committed to fostering a workplace that promotes diversity and inclusion. We can provide accommodation in our recruitment and selection processes to applicants with disabilities where required. Please contact your Recruiter, or send an email to email@example.com.