- Employer: IA Financial Services Inc.
- Office: 522, University Avenue
- City: Toronto
- Province: Ontario
- Job category: Customer Service and Administrative Support
- Job ID: JR10001426
- Job type: Permanent Job Full time
iA Financial Group is the fourth largest life and health insurance company in Canada and offers a wide range of products for all stages of life and to meet the needs of clients across its vast sales network. Founded in 1892, iA Financial Group’s stability and solidity make it an employer of choice that invests in its employees and their development over the long term.
With operations across Canada and in the United States, iA Financial Group and its over 5,000 employees work hard every day to offer the best service to over four million clients.
Reporting to the Manager, Administration, Group Savings and Retirement, the Pension Specialist must overview and validate various transactions as well as analyze and process various transaction requests from our clients (members, plan sponsors, advisors, consultants) and internal partners.
These requests are quite varied, and are associated with all the events that occur during the existence of a group savings account (e.g. RRSPs, DPSPs, TFSAs, non-registered plans, RRIFs, LIFs, Annuities, RPPs and SPPs).
The Pension Specialist is responsible for varied transactions for the administration of the plan including setting up the account to its final termination. The administration of the account must be kept compliant with plan provisions, eligibility and applicable federal and provincial legislation.
This is a challenging and constantly changing work environment. This position is characterized by occasional periods of work requiring overtime.
Working independently with support from the manager, tasks and responsibilities include:
• Being proactive in the daily organization of the team’s workload while prioritizing and coordinating with other teams to meet specific deadlines
• Verifying financial transactions of team members
• Answering and coaching team members with their specific questions
• Training of team members on the different tasks, GSR products and legislation
• Processing complex transactions received from clients
• Analysing requests (moderate to complex) from clients and internal partners and escalating theses requests if needed
• Receiving complex incoming calls from members regarding settlements and GSR products
• Processing accounting corrections
• First level of escalation for complaint resolution
• Taking on specific projects from the manager
• Providing a high level of customer service requests received and required follow ups
• Being proactive with internal and external customer needs as well as building and maintaining customer relationships
• Supporting administrators in the team’s non-financial verification
• Respecting financial deadlines as well as compliance with policies, rules and legislation
• Preparing various reports and taxation slips for clients and authorities
• Actively participating in DMS (Daily Management System)
• Participating in LEAN workshops, activities, kaizen and missions when required
• Identifying problems, mudas and proposing viable solutions to improvement ideas through the different LEAN tools
• Contributing toward building and maintaining a positive environment where all team members can learn, share knowledge and collaborate
• College degree in financial services or college degree in administration (any combination deemed equivalent training or experience.)
• 5-7 years of administrative experience in Group or Individual Retirement field
• Advanced MS Excel skills
• Ability to write technical instructions in English
• Advanced knowledge of the different group savings and retirement products
• Intermediate to advanced knowledge of legislation
• Knowledge of the majority of the administrative processes and various systems and tools used
• Strong analytical skills
• Ability to learn quickly
• Capability to work under pressure
• Positive attitude and team spirit
iA Financial Group is committed to having an equal access employment program and welcomes applications from women, visible minorities, Aboriginal peoples and disabled persons. Any use of the masculine form is to simplify the text and includes the feminine form.
Also, we are committed to fostering a workplace that promotes diversity and inclusion. We can provide accommodation in our recruitment and selection processes to applicants with disabilities where required. Please contact your Recruiter, or send an email to email@example.com.