Internal Wholesaler (Inside Sales)
- Employer: IA Clarington Inc.
- Office: 2020-777, 8th Avenue, S. W.
- City: Calgary
- Province: Alberta
- Job category: Direct Sales - Generalist / Multiple Disciplines
- Job ID: JR10001380
- Job type: Permanent Job Full time
iA Financial Group is the fourth largest life and health insurance company in Canada and offers a wide range of products for all stages of life and to meet the needs of clients across its vast sales network. Founded in 1892, iA Financial Group’s stability and solidity make it an employer of choice that invests in its employees and their development over the long term.
With operations across Canada and in the United States, iA Financial Group and its over 5,000 employees work hard every day to offer the best service to over four million clients.
Reporting to the AVP, Inside Sales, the Internal Wholesaler is primarily responsible for proactive sales efforts to both existing clients and new prospects within the broker/dealer community. This role functions as part of a Wholesaling team, working closely with the respective VP of Sales and Territory Sales Assistant in a designated territory.
As the successful candidate you will have the opportunity to…
• Partner with a VP, Sales, in helping to manage a defined territory to generate sales and develop new business.
• Lead by actively prospecting for new sales, as well as establishing long lasting relationships and servicing existing clients.
• Use your in-depth knowledge of our products and the investment industry in general, along with your interpersonal skills to increase sales and retain assets.
Key Responsibilities & Skills:
• Actively generate and develop new business relationships; the ability to make outbound proactive prospecting calls to advisors with low asset thresholds is a key requirement.
• Use daily phone contact with clients to begin or expand on existing relationships to understand their business and client needs to provide appropriate solutions.
• Support the VP of Sales, by promptly following up on meetings, road shows, events and webcasts;
• Keep an archive of all the relevant information pertaining to the products, policies, procedures and rules for dissemination to the clients;
• Ensure regional events and road shows are well attended by using outbound call campaigns;
• Collaborate with the Territory Sales Assistant to determine priorities and tasks to be completed;
• Make daily Purchase and Redemption calls to clients in order to identify trends, prospects and first time tickets;
• Responsible for achieving the territories sales target and KPIs.
• Create broadcast emails with pertinent marketing and product information to advisors and share with the sales department;
• Populate the CRM system with all the information retrieved during phone calls and meetings;
• Participate in national, regional, departmental, and project group meetings, sharing feedback and information;
• Assist VP, Sales, in the segmentation of the client base to define the service levels and to ensure sales from various distribution channels and firms;
• Assist VP, Sales in developing a strategic business plan for the year and review it quarterly with the team to increase sales from advisors in our territory;
• Escalate client issues to appropriate department and your VP, Sales
• Involvement in special projects as required, will include but not limited to evening and weekend events.
• Bachelor’s degree in a field such as Commerce, Finance, Business Administration, Economics; (required).
• CSC or IFIC (required), CIM, CFP, CFA (preferred).
• Client/Customer Experienced Focused
• Excellent communication skills (verbal and written).
• Excellent interpersonal, organizational & multi-tasking skills
• Ability to work well under pressure
• Ability to work independently and in a team environment
• Ability to be proactive and a self-starter
• Positive Attitude
• Strong Leadership
• Results Driven
• Flexibility to work longer hours
• Limited travel may be required
iA Financial Group is committed to having an equal access employment program and welcomes applications from women, visible minorities, Aboriginal peoples and disabled persons. Any use of the masculine form is to simplify the text and includes the feminine form.
Also, we are committed to fostering a workplace that promotes diversity and inclusion. We can provide accommodation in our recruitment and selection processes to applicants with disabilities where required. Please contact your Recruiter, or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.