Customer Service Representative
- Employer: IA Financial Services Inc.
- Office: 400-988 Broadway West
- City: Vancouver
- Province: British Columbia
- Job category: Customer Service and Administrative Support
- Job ID: JR10001379
- Job type: Permanent Job Full time
iA Financial Group is the fourth largest life and health insurance company in Canada and offers a wide range of products for all stages of life and to meet the needs of clients across its vast sales network. Founded in 1892, iA Financial Group’s stability and solidity make it an employer of choice that invests in its employees and their development over the long term.
With operations across Canada and in the United States, iA Financial Group and its over 5,000 employees work hard every day to offer the best service to over four million clients.
This position supports the administration of the Creditor and P&C businesses. The incumbent works under the direct supervision of the Assistant Manager.
You will be required to work from 6:30am till 2pm from Monday to Friday.
1. Customer Service
- Handling queries whether received by telephone, mail/fax, or walk-in.
- Assess customer needs and channel customer request to appropriate teams.
2. Data Processing
- New Business Data Entry
- Verify the correct certificate was used and the correct premiums were calculated.
- Determine if the client is already on the system and maintain existing client records
- Follow up with the appropriate dealer/sales representative to resolve where errors have occurred or information is incomplete.
- Business Correspondence
- Generate business correspondence to insureds and/or dealers when additional information is required; coverage needs to be confirmed; an adjustment to coverage needs to be communicated; and certificates are cancelled.
- Process cancellations daily as requests are received and send the refund cheque and letter to the appropriate recipient
- Review cancellations to determine whether for all or partial coverages on the certificate
- Prepare and send any applicable chargeback notification
3. Process Daily Cash Deposit
- Enter all cheques accurately into the group credit system
- Prepare, verify and submit the deposit to accounting before the daily deadline
- Reconcile dealer remittances, correcting data entry errors, invoice dealers for outstanding premiums, return excess premiums where applicable and generate premium confirmation reports
- Manual Journals: where a dealer combines payment for multiple products or multiple dealerships, process a manual journal entry to move funds to the appropriate dealer account or issue a cheque to move funds to the appropriate subsidiary
EDUCATION SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Post secondary education diploma or degree in business administration, plus ideally 3 years related work experience either in an office administration or a customer service environment.
- Knowledge of administration and claims processes would be an asset
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Fast and highly accurate data entry skills:
- > Data entry (alphanumeric): minimum 6,000 cph
- > Typing: minimum 50 wpm
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- High level of attention to detail
- Intermediate to advanced skills in MS Excel and MS Word
- Strong team player
- Knowledge of French is an asset.
iA Financial Group is committed to having an equal access employment program and welcomes applications from women, visible minorities, Aboriginal peoples and disabled persons. Any use of the masculine form is to simplify the text and includes the feminine form.
Also, we are committed to fostering a workplace that promotes diversity and inclusion. We can provide accommodation in our recruitment and selection processes to applicants with disabilities where required. Please contact your Recruiter, or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.