Customer Service Specialist
- Employer: IA Financial Services Inc.
- Office: 2165 Broadway West
- City: Vancouver
- Province: British Columbia
- Job category: Customer Service and Administrative Support
- Job ID: JR10000758
- Job type: Permanent Job Full time
iA Financial Group is the fourth largest life and health insurance company in Canada and offers a wide range of products for all stages of life and to meet the needs of clients across its vast sales network. Founded in 1892, iA Financial Group’s stability and solidity make it an employer of choice that invests in its employees and their development over the long term.
With operations across Canada and in the United States, iA Financial Group and its over 5,000 employees work hard every day to offer the best service to over four million clients.
The incumbent will work under the direction of the Manager, SAL Warranty Administration and creditor. They will communicate with clients on their outcomes and account for the activities associated with the warranties.
- New Business Data Entry - verify that the correct product was sold and the premiums were calculated correctly on paper applications. Where errors have been made or information is incomplete, follow up with the appropriate dealer/sales representative to resolve the issue.
- Business Writing - generate correspondence to insured’s and/or dealers when coverage needs to be confirmed.
- Voids /Activations - process as needed.
- As the primary contact for external clients, handle/advise on telephone and written inquiries from a variety of different types of customers pertaining to the administration and marketing of new/existing warranty products and processes; and handle a variety of administrative issues.
- Support the national sales team in the administration and marketing of warranty products.
- Processing outstanding cancellation requests received from finance sources, insured’s and/or producers.
- Following up by telephone and/or written correspondence when required documentation has not been received.
- When completing the request, determining the payee(s) of the refund based upon the information received and current business practices
- Ensure that all transfer requirements are met
- Process transfer and maintain the transfer folder
- Send welcome letter and card to customers when required
- Post secondary education diploma or degree in business administration, preferred
- 1 year related work experience either in an office administration or a customer service environment, preferred
- General accounting/bookkeeping experience would be an asset.
- Able to communicate fluently both verbally and in writing.
- Fast and highly accurate data entry skills. [Data entry (alpha-numeric): minimum 6,000 cph; Typing: minimum 50 wpm]
- Strong business math and/or basic accounting skills.
- Customer service and conflict management skill. Telephone etiquette.
- Intermediate to Advanced Skills in MS Excel, Access and Word.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Ability to work well under pressure and with limited supervision amidst changing/conflicting priorities and set deadlines.
- Highly organized with strong multi-tasking skills.
- High level of attention to detail.
- Knowledge of warranty administration and claims would be an asset
- Fully bilingual in French and English would be an asset
iA Financial Group is committed to having an equal access employment program and welcomes applications from women, visible minorities, Aboriginal peoples and disabled persons. Any use of the masculine form is to simplify the text and includes the feminine form.
Also, we are committed to fostering a workplace that promotes diversity and inclusion. We can provide accommodation in our recruitment and selection processes to applicants with disabilities where required. Please contact your Recruiter, or send an email to email@example.com.