Bilingual Customer Service Agent (Student)
- Employer: IA Financial Services Inc.
- Office: 2200, McGill College Avenue
- City: Montreal
- Province: Quebec
- Job category: Internships and Student Employment
- Job ID: JR10000528
- Job type: Permanent Job Part time
iA Financial Group is the fourth largest life and health insurance company in Canada and offers a wide range of products for all stages of life and to meet the needs of clients across its vast sales network. Founded in 1892, iA Financial Group’s stability and solidity make it an employer of choice that invests in its employees and their development over the long term.
With operations across Canada and in the United States, iA Financial Group and its over 5,000 employees work hard every day to offer the best service to over four million clients.
Are you in school and looking for a stimulating student job? You are bilingual and passionate about customer service and want to discover the field of insurance? Looking for a student job with flexible hours in a professional and dynamic environment? Join our call center team!
As a customer service agent, you will be responsible for providing an unparalleled customer service over the phone to insureds, administrators and service providers regarding group insurance medical and dental coverage and claims.
In a call centre environment, you will:
- Answer clients’ questions using various systems that allow you to provide all required information.
- Perform all required follow ups and manage emails.
- Manage a multitude of situations (emails/telephone calls/faxes) in a calm, courteous and professional manner.
- Advise your supervisor when situations requiring additional assistance arise. You must be able to use various IT systems as the same time, as the call centre is a multi-task environment.
- No outgoing calls, sales or solicitation
- Calm and dynamic office environment
- Complete training provided
- Accessible via the McGill Metro station
- Salary to be discussed based on experience and the pay scale in effect; starts at $21.31/hour
- You must be available to work a minimum of 21h / week and up to 28h / week depending on business needs and availability
- You must be available between 8am and 5pm during the three (3) week training period.
- This position requires flexibility. Must be available to work any customer service call centre shift between 7:30 am and 8:00 pm, Monday to Friday.
- General college diploma (DEC)
- More than two years of relevant experience in customer service
- Bilingual (essential)
- Excellent learning ability
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Punctuality and ability to respect work schedules
- Ability to use different software at the same time
- Ability to work under pressure
iA Financial Group is committed to having an equal access employment program and welcomes applications from women, visible minorities, Aboriginal peoples and disabled persons. Any use of the masculine form is to simplify the text and includes the feminine form.
Also, we are committed to fostering a workplace that promotes diversity and inclusion. We can provide accommodation in our recruitment and selection processes to applicants with disabilities where required. Please contact your Recruiter, or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.