GIC Processor and Reconciliation Administrator (contract)
- Employer: Fundex Inc.
- Office: 400, Applewood Crescent
- City: Concord
- Province: Ontario
- Job category: Customer Service and Administrative Support
- Job ID: JR10000513
- Job type: Temporary Job Full time
iA Financial Group is the fourth largest life and health insurance company in Canada and offers a wide range of products for all stages of life and to meet the needs of clients across its vast sales network. Founded in 1892, iA Financial Group’s stability and solidity make it an employer of choice that invests in its employees and their development over the long term.
With operations across Canada and in the United States, iA Financial Group and its over 5,000 employees work hard every day to offer the best service to over four million clients.
We are looking for 2 individuals to join our GIC Processing and Reconciliation team on a 6 month contract to help during the RRSP season.
This position will report into the Manager, Tax & Reconciliation and specialize in GIC processing & reconciliation for both Client Name and Nominee accounts for two dealers, Investia Financial Services and FundEX Investments Inc.
- Handle Inbound and Outbound calls/emails from GIC Issuers and advisors.
- Oversight and processing of GIC orders including purchases, maturities, redemptions and transfers, using dealer back office systems
- Monthly reconciliation of over 25,000 GIC positions for two dealers, both Investia and FundEX
- Act as a trouble shooter/problem solver, which will require an understanding of GIC back office and GIC Issuer processes and procedures in order to resolve issues quickly and efficiently
- Provide backup relief to various areas of business processing unit when required
- Other duties as assigned
- 2 to 3 years experience in the financial services industry
- Bilingual in French and English languages is an asset for this position.
- Knowledge/experience working in a MFDA Dealer back office Operations/Administration - such as business processing, registered product rules including locked-in plans, Estate settlements, Segregated Funds would be an asset
- Excellent working knowledge of excel and experience reconciling data
- Ability to take initiative and work independently with some direction
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Energetic and positive work ethic
- Knowledge of Univeris an asset
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment where multi-tasking, attention to detail, organization and prioritization skills are a definite requirement
- Able to work well within a close team environment
Special Working Conditions
- Overtime may be asked during RRSP season.
- Vacation blackouts from January to April.
iA Financial Group is committed to fostering a workplace that promotes diversity and inclusion. We can provide accommodation in our recruitment and selection processes to applicants with disabilities where required. Please contact your Recruiter, or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
iA Financial Group is committed to having an equal access employment program and welcomes applications from women, visible minorities, Aboriginal peoples and disabled persons. Any use of the masculine form is to simplify the text and includes the feminine form.
Also, we are committed to fostering a workplace that promotes diversity and inclusion. We can provide accommodation in our recruitment and selection processes to applicants with disabilities where required. Please contact your Recruiter, or send an email to email@example.com.